PC caput

Computers, joysticks, rudder pedals, DIY you can discuss it all here.

Moderator: SYN Exec

PC caput

Postby SYN_Haashashin » Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:12 pm

Hi all

I think my PC is caput. I don't know why bu since I tried to update the latest envidia drivers I was getting random blue screens. I tried to fire it up today to fly but the dmn thing doesn't even load fully before a blue screen comes up.

I trying a Windows reinstalling to see if the GPU drivers update broke something...if not I will need to do a clean install, any advice on the best way to do it??

@Ricky I'm sorry man :sad:
SYN_Haashashin
Syndicate Exec

Re: PC caput

Postby SYN_Vander » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:25 pm

Sorry to hear! Did you try to run in safe mode? Maybe you can revert to old graphics drivers from there?
SYN_Vander
Syndicate Exec

PC caput

Postby SYN_Ricky » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:02 pm

SYN_Haashashin wrote:Hi all

I think my PC is caput. I don't know why bu since I tried to update the latest envidia drivers I was getting random blue screens. I tried to fire it up today to fly but the dmn thing doesn't even load fully before a blue screen comes up.

I trying a Windows reinstalling to see if the GPU drivers update broke something...if not I will need to do a clean install, any advice on the best way to do it??

@Ricky I'm sorry man :sad:

Oh, very sorry to hear that Haash! No worries for tonight, I hope you can find a solution for your PC!
SYN_Ricky
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_MrWolf » Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:06 am

Ai... Bad news.. Good luck!
ALWAYS BE YOURSELF! UNLESS YOU CAN BE BATMAN. THEN ALWAYS BE BATMAN.
SYN_MrWolf
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Haashashin » Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:05 am

I think I got it working again...but with no nothing on the c: drive :eek:

@Vander: I tried, but even when loading the safe mode, the PC crashed couple of times so one of the time it worked I saved the important drives ans stuff to a USB External Drive I have and perfomence the reinstall. All seems to be working good, no blue screens just yet.

:grin:
SYN_Haashashin
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Vander » Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:24 am

So your c drive was corrupt maybe?
SYN_Vander
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Haashashin » Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:40 am

Yeah Im thinking something like that may happened. Im not a PC expert but at least I think I got this crisis resolve :lol: :lol: Now I will try Kindgom Come Beta and see if its all good.
SYN_Haashashin
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Blackrat » Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:41 pm

If your c drive became corrupted, make sure everything is backed up as that smells of Hard drive failure of some sort. If it happens again its new drive time.
"They say that just before you die, your whole life flashes in front of you. Make sure it is worth watching."
SYN_Blackrat
Site Admin

Postby SYN_Haashashin » Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:19 am

It seems the crisis its not over :lol: :lol:

Yesterday the PC gave me a black screen and restarted itself couple of times before I gave up playing. Only antivirus and steam (with one game) on the hard drive. Its weird cus Its only crash now when playing a game (blue screen). Anything else is good to go so I will revert the GPU drivers and if that doesnt help I guess it will be time to use Blackie advice and buy a new hard drive. Also its time to start saving for a new PC :twisted:
SYN_Haashashin
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Haashashin » Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:59 pm

Nothing works so far :evil:

I will try Blackie advice and if that doesn't work I may be facing a long period of no gaming at all :eek: :cry: (until I can afford a new PC)

Ohh well...more time to go to the beach/out :lol:
SYN_Haashashin
Syndicate Exec

Next

Return to Hardware