TrackIR Question

Computers, joysticks, rudder pedals, DIY you can discuss it all here.

Moderator: SYN Exec

TrackIR Question

Postby SYN_Jingo » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:56 pm

Hello Chaps,I have a question for you

I have the chance of getting my hands on trackir 4 pro + vector clip quite cheaply I hope,but I also have the money to buy trackir 5 with the track clip,brand new £139.

Question is should I buy version 4 and add the track clip to it at a total cost of maybe £90 ish or just get Version 5 with track clip for the £139.

Is there really much difference between the two setups in performance to warrant spending more?

Do any of you use Version 4 with the track clip?

Jingo
SYN_Jingo
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Re: TrackIR Question

Postby SYN_Mugue » Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:07 pm

Hey Jingo!
I still use a TrackIR4. I've never had a problem with it. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the only real advantage to the 5 is that its got LED's that help out in difficult lighting situations. e.g. Windows or light sorces that can't easily be shaded etc...The other is that it(the 5) can mount to a headset so you don't need a hat on in addition.(Not a problem for me cause I use a desk mic.) So I believe if money is at all an issue, you could go with the 4 and download the ver.5 software (which works with 4) and you'll be happy. Once you get it setup to your liking, you'll wonder how you got along for so many years without it. Hope that helps. Cheers!
"Billy Pilgrim has come unstuck in time."
SYN_Mugue
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Jedders » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:46 pm

What Mooje said....and welcome back :)
SYN_Jedders
Site Admin

Postby SYN_Per » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:52 am

What the two gents said; I also use the TiR 4 with track clip and it's working very good!
SYN_Per
Syndicate Exec

Location: Sweden, Stockholm but preferably at the cottage. In the pavillion...

Postby SYN_Bandy » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:59 pm

I still use TIR 4. All indications from people who have compared the two (4 vs 5) are that TIR5 is slightly better, but the cost is not justified.

£139? My gods! That's $70 more than you can get them here. I could make a small fortune buying them here and getting you chaps to sell them over there...

Hmmmm... :cool:
Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Jingo » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:36 pm

Thank you all for the help & advice,I shall go for the 4 version. fingers crossed i win the auction.

Bandy,I have seen the V5 pro bundle for $168 about £109 but when you add the postage and tax thingy "which cost i know nothing about" I guess it starts to get comparable with UK prices.

I have been watching trackir on ebay for about 6 weeks now and second hand V5 + trackclip have been sold for £122,£128,£137.In january flightstore had V5+trackclip for £125 free P&P and those nutters paid that for second hand. :shock:

I am loving being back flying in IL2 and have a X52 which is nice and rudder pedals which i am slowly getting used to.I was so used to twisting the joystick grip left "left rudder" Right "right rudder" i just cannot get it out of my head so my feet have followed suit, so right rudder applied =aircraft left rudder movement etc,but it works fine so i am happy with it.I really did try to do it the correct way but it was hopeless lol.

I am flying the SYN tags each day and i am often asked about the syndicate and many pilots comment on the ROF server,they love it.

I will try ROF at some point in the future but WWI is not my thing tbh. In the mean time I will keep the Syndicate flag flying in IL2.

Thanks again

Jingo
SYN_Jingo
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_Kollwitz » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:06 pm

Get on comms on thursday and I'm sure some will join you in Il-2, just for old time sake :)

Which version do you use, 4:11, UP3 or something else?
SYN_Kollwitz
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Per » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:24 pm

I love to take the old IL2 for a spin!
SYN_Per
Syndicate Exec

Location: Sweden, Stockholm but preferably at the cottage. In the pavillion...

Postby SYN_Jedders » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:56 am

Jingo, I get you with the WW1 planes. I was exactly the same at first. After a very short while I started to see the attraction of the slower birds and got hooked. The client is free now so no need to splash the cash....Give it a whirl!!
SYN_Jedders
Site Admin

Postby SYN_Jingo » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:44 am

SYN_Kollwitz wrote:Get on comms on thursday and I'm sure some will join you in Il-2, just for old time sake :)

Which version do you use, 4:11, UP3 or something else?

V4.11.1 + HSFX History Mod Version 6.0.17
V4.11.1m

http://www.242sqn.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=30

would be great to catch up but I have no headset at the moment because my 20yr old son had some COD rage so MY headset + wall = Bits lol,they are next on the list of stuff to do.

SYN_Jedders wrote: Jingo, I get you with the WW1 planes. I was exactly the same at first. After a very short while I started to see the attraction of the slower birds and got hooked. The client is free now so no need to splash the cash....Give it a whirl!!

I will join you all for a flight on ROF when i get my proper gaming pc fixed up,ROF will not run on this old old machine mate"Yeh still not fixed,blame the wife lol"
SYN_Jingo
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Next

Return to Hardware