TrackIR Question

Computers, joysticks, rudder pedals, DIY you can discuss it all here.

Moderator: SYN Exec

Re: TrackIR Question

Postby SYN_Jingo » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:00 pm

SYN_Kollwitz wrote:It takes a couple of hours to get used to, do you need preset profiles or did you set up the way you like it already?

Some preset profiles would be welcome to compare with and point me in the right direction.

have sent you a pm with email address.

Thanks
SYN_Jingo
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_Kollwitz » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:42 pm

Here is my profile, on tir5 software with tir5 hardware. I use the ledclip so you might have to change that, as well the buttons which are mapped to my throttle.

Mine is very precise so i don't have move my head much, you might think it is overdone. You can change this by using the speed and smoothness controls on top, the curves should move.

It is an edited version of the one MrWolf uses, so flame him if you get nausea. :grin:

cheers,
Kollwitz

PS sent you an email as well
SYN_Kollwitz
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Jingo » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:06 am

SYN_Kollwitz wrote:Here is my profile, on tir5 software with tir5 hardware. I use the ledclip so you might have to change that, as well the buttons which are mapped to my throttle.

Mine is very precise so i don't have move my head much, you might think it is overdone. You can change this by using the speed and smoothness controls on top, the curves should move.

It is an edited version of the one MrWolf uses, so flame him if you get nausea. :grin:

cheers,
Kollwitz

PS sent you an email as well

A Nice profile,It is working just fine mate.Thank you :grin:
SYN_Jingo
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_Bandy » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:44 am

Here are two other profiles to also try out. You really need to find what works best for you, so more options to experience the better IMHO.

One is called "smooth" as it mimics in-cockpit head movements a little better. The other is specifically for RoF combat, likely more like the one Koll posted, though he tends to be extreme. :grin:

If you fly RoF, try to map the distance zoom function to the TrackIR Z-axis, so when you lean forward you look into the distance. Here is the link to how-to http://riseofflight.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12828 . Many people really like this, find it very intuitive, others have zoom mapped to buttons.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Jingo » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:50 pm

SYN_Bandy wrote:Here are two other profiles to also try out. You really need to find what works best for you, so more options to experience the better IMHO.

One is called "smooth" as it mimics in-cockpit head movements a little better. The other is specifically for RoF combat, likely more like the one Koll posted, though he tends to be extreme. :grin:

If you fly RoF, try to map the distance zoom function to the TrackIR Z-axis, so when you lean forward you look into the distance. Here is the link to how-to http://riseofflight.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12828 . Many people really like this, find it very intuitive, others have zoom mapped to buttons.

Thanks m8,i will check them out. :thumbup:

Atm i do not fly ROF as my Pc is crap lol. Vanders video was interesting though.
SYN_Jingo
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Previous

Return to Hardware