I've made the jump!!!

Computers, joysticks, rudder pedals, DIY you can discuss it all here.

Moderator: SYN Exec

Re: I've made the jump!!!

Postby SYN_Blackrat » Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:02 pm

SYN_Lt_dan wrote:It's coming Monday morning so once its all up and running I'll let you know.

Cheers, just looking around now for best prices and best overclock opportunities.
"They say that just before you die, your whole life flashes in front of you. Make sure it is worth watching."
SYN_Blackrat
Site Admin

Postby SYN_Bandy » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:33 am

SYN_Lt_dan wrote:It's coming Monday morning so once its all up and running I'll let you know.

I hear someone calling into work today, "[cough, cough] sorry boss, not going to make it in..."
Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Lt_Dan » Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:26 pm

Well so far the pc is like a rocket big time :grin: I've not had time to test any games yet tho but the beast boots in 4 secs from cold !!!. Also noted that they got my bundle running at 4.6ghz more to come I hope ......
god how long dose ROF take to download a month !!!!! :eek: 111111
SYN_Lt_Dan
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_Blackrat » Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:05 pm

Nice, once you get all those windows bloatware loaded it won't boot so quick :grin:

Looking forward to your update.
"They say that just before you die, your whole life flashes in front of you. Make sure it is worth watching."
SYN_Blackrat
Site Admin

Postby SYN_Speck » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:08 pm

I guess you are doing an OS reinstall?

Also take note for future reference - I have not tried this - but Jason sez you can easily reinstall ROF when doing a system upgrade, without having to DL all the updates. Before you start disassembling your old rig, copy your ROF install folder (mine is 33GB!) onto an external HDD; then when you finish installing your new system, you can just copy ROF back onto your main HDD. Then run ROF.exe, log in and you should be good to go (he says).
SYN_Speck
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Blackrat » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:35 pm

SYN_Speck wrote:I guess you are doing an OS reinstall?

Also take note for future reference - I have not tried this - but Jason sez you can easily reinstall ROF when doing a system upgrade, without having to DL all the updates. Before you start disassembling your old rig, copy your ROF install folder (mine is 33GB!) onto an external HDD; then when you finish installing your new system, you can just copy ROF back onto your main HDD. Then run ROF.exe, log in and you should be good to go (he says).

Yes, that works, ROF is not registry dependent, but you will need to do a restore on the update screen to grab all the necessary windows files like directx and .net I think.
SYN_Blackrat
Site Admin

Postby SYN_Lt_Dan » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:15 pm

Well all I can say so far about the chip is that its very fast runs ROF like a dream DCS World is a little better but nothing to write home about but thats just due do bad game engine I think.
Metro is also running very nice tho :grin:
SYN_Lt_Dan
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_Blackrat » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:30 am

Thanks Dan.
SYN_Blackrat
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Hardware