Battle of Stalingrad

A place to discuss the new title from 777 and 1C

Moderator: SYN Exec

Battle of Stalingrad

Postby 5jg27Farber » Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:13 pm

Hello,
I sent a message to SYN_Vander over at the BoS forum but apparently you are severely limited in characters over there and so most of my message was cut off so Ill put forward my message here.

I am here because of SYN_Vander's excellent post:
http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/991 ... ltiplayer/

It is certainly a question on everyone's lips and it prompted me to get in contact with you guys. So let me introduce myself.

I am 5./JG27Farber, I am the founder of the cliffs of Dover community entity "Storm of War", it is a by squadrons for squadrons forum and server where lots of different squadrons come together to take part in campaigns and online wars. We recently breached 500 forum members and are about half way through our seventh campaign, The battle of France. Our aim is to promote WW2 flying combat simulators and stimulate the community by hosting campaigns and events. We also operate the server in a public role when not hosting campaigns. I believe SYN took part in some of our very early campaigns, back when you could only play for 40 mins online before your game crashed... :roll:

Here is a link to the forum:
http://sowc.forumotion.co.uk/

Feel free to recruit there and on our server, you can even advertise your own campaigns there. Like I said, its by squadrons for squadrons. :razz:

Also we are in collaboration with ACG - Air Combat Group. There are 5 Squadrons rolled into one, 3 red and 2 blue currently. They provide us with a community server that's free for all to use. We have also been sharing advice and help on video promotion and editing. A couple of them are on the SoW dev team too.

Currently in the clod community everything is a bit cold war like and cloistered. Its not very friendly, the relationships between different server owners/runners is pretty poor at best. It is something we hope not to repeat in BoS, if it can accommodate our needs for campaigns. So basically I am here to let Syndicate know we are friendly and we would like to work with other pillars of the community and share ideas and utilities/tools. Here is a video explination of SoW's RDF (radar) system made by one of our very small teams programmers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuOfLJ4bLn8

If we can work together in such projects as a community then perhaps we can achieve allot more and all benefit from a much richer environment.

I remember when RoF came out and the Syndicate server and how prominent and successful it was. Obviously this has given SYN allot of experience in RoF ME(Full Mission Builder in IL2 speak). What changes will come in the ME/FMB and the sim itself will really dictate if we are going whole hog and taking the plunge.

So in conclusion, Hi from 5./JG27 and SoW! look forward to sharing this community with you in the future, working together and thoroughly enjoying our hobby together.

Fingers crossed for BoS.

S!

P.S. you can add me on Steam as "5./JG27Farber".
5jg27Farber

Re: Battle of Stalingrad

Postby SYN_Jedders » Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:05 pm

Hi Farber and welcome!

We have met in the past indeed but it was a time that we were, to say the least, not fans of CloD or its community. We have, of course, run a CloD server for a few months but found it frustrating and thus put our resources back into RoF. We are glad we did given the direction 777 have taken with 1C and it puts us in a nice position with the developers/owners in terms of working closely with them in their testing and development for BoS. Many of the names you will see over the coming months will be flying with SYN tags on our BoS server and missions built by SYN members!.

I recognise your comments about server owners in CloD and hope that some remain in CloD and dont, despite their slaggings of all things RoF and BoS, decide to move across to BoS. We dont have that sort of community in RoF and certaintly dont want it in BoS.

Thus it is with great pleasure that we see people from the CloD community extending the hand of friendship and I for one will work to build as much goodwill between groups/Sqns as possible. I thank you for your initiative and on behalf of our Sqn in both RoF and BoS look forward to working with you in the future. We have a wealth of experience with RoF ME and are more than happy to help you set up your server in any way we can. We enjoy other Sqns campaigns in RoF and BoS should be no different.

What makes any good PC game is ultimately its community and the wealth of enthusiasm and energy that it has. We can agree that the future looks bright for BoS and we will do all that we can to support that. Good luck and again, welcome!!
SYN_Jedders
Site Admin

Postby 5jg27Farber » Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:16 pm

This is great, i knew this would be a good place come and suggest this.

Looking forward to Autumn now, allot of clod pilots have re ordered the premier edition pre order, so it should be a good and large community.

I cant wait to start knocking out some videos and planning some campaigns and taken part in others, it would be nice to fly one we didn't make for a change.
5jg27Farber

Postby SYN_Ricky » Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:16 pm

Hi Farber!

I was one of the SYN members who participated in a few missions in the first big co-ops events you created in CloD, had fun despite the state of the sim at the time and the frustrating disconnections.

It will be great indeed if many squads ineract and cooperate to give players the best online experience, in BOS. :smile:

See you over Stalingrad !
SYN_Ricky
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_Blackrat » Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:31 pm

Hi Farber,

Welcome to the forum, I look forward to the development of the BOS community and sincerely hope it follows in the same spirit we already know in the ROF community, I too am a frustrated ex-CLOD owner, so am really looking forward to BOS but eyes open wide, its going to be a bit rough to start with I am sure :wink:

Looking forward to online battles and servers which compliment each other.
"They say that just before you die, your whole life flashes in front of you. Make sure it is worth watching."
SYN_Blackrat
Site Admin

Postby 5jg27Farber » Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:18 pm

Thanks for the very warm welcome everyone. I cant tell you what a breath of fresh air this is, I really hope BoS is gonna be good now. :grin:
5jg27Farber

Postby SYN_Kollwitz » Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:08 pm

Welcome Farber to you and your squad!!!

I would like to thank you for your very nice 1st post, and I'm looking forward to flying with and against you over the frozen battlefields in the east. Keep in touch!

cheers,
Kollwitz
SYN_Kollwitz
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Per » Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:08 pm

Good thing you found your way over here Farber!
Now we can start working the devs so they provide us with a possibility to make good on line campaigns!
You'll find us and the RoF community not as possessive as many others.
S! to your efforts with CloD
SYN_Per
Syndicate Exec

Location: Sweden, Stockholm but preferably at the cottage. In the pavillion...

Postby SYN_Jedders » Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:00 pm

I am confident that once BoS is released a lot of the "Haters" will soon U-turn. Many individuals trashed RoF and its ME as being not fit for purpose in their attempts to pad their own groups efforts. Some went so far as saying BoS will be the same as RoF without any justification. I guess "the proof will be in the pudding" and I wouldnt be surprised to hear that some of them have already pre-ordered the premium edition!..

There will be room for plenty of BoS servers and groups, I just hope that it stays friendly as the RoF community has been. :)
SYN_Jedders
Site Admin

Postby 5jg27Farber » Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:36 pm

We are getting there slowly week by week. Really it can't come soon enough. recently we merged with our sister squadron 9./ZG26 and became Lehrgeschwader Eins
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lehrgeschwader_1

Disappointed there is no 110 or 88 planned for BoS but at least we have our Stuka and some of us are happy for the He111 (dreading learning this mammoth).

Well happy new year to all, roll on BoS! :razz:
5jg27Farber

Next

Return to IL2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad