Initial screenshots of 109 ceiling and speed threshold

A place to discuss the new title from 777 and 1C

Moderator: SYN Exec

Initial screenshots of 109 ceiling and speed threshold

Postby SYN_Saintblu » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:56 pm

I took it up as high as I could. Notice engine manifold pressure against RPM's. It registered 11,100 Meters on the gauge but shows 11,069 on digital interface. I assume because of topography.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by SYN_Saintblu on Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SYN_Saintblu
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Re: Initial screenshots of 109 ceiling and speed threshold

Postby SYN_Saintblu » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:00 pm

This is the speed threshold coming from the above altitude. Please note I realized after the fact that I had flaps at 20 percent in this dive. So I perhaps could have hit 900 Kph.
I pulled up and missed bottoming out by about 3 meters and there was no detrimental effect to engine or control surfaces.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SYN_Saintblu
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Re: Initial screenshots of 109 ceiling and speed threshold

Postby SYN_Blackrat » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:08 pm

Discrepancy with Barometric Altimeter and the digital HUD read out can be seen on the ground, the HUD is the QFE (airport height) and the Baro is, height above sea level (MASL) I expect. (QNH)

I don't think they are quite there with damage model yet either, but it was an interesting first flight.
"They say that just before you die, your whole life flashes in front of you. Make sure it is worth watching."
SYN_Blackrat
Site Admin

Return to IL2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad