Enhancing the graphics

A place to discuss the new title from 777 and 1C

Moderator: SYN Exec

Enhancing the graphics

Postby SYN_Blackrat » Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:24 pm

Been playing with the new Nvidia drivers and the up and downscaling, too much of a hit rate at 4x :shock: but got side tracked and tried my Iracing tweaks.

Set your preset in game and AA at your choice 2 or 4
Nvidia control panel

AA mode = Enhance Application setting
AA - Transparency = 2 or 4 supersample (same as in game AA)
I then have prerendered frames at 1, Vsync on, triple buffering on and pwr management prefer Max perf.

In Nvidia Inspector set Antialiasing -setting to 8xS [combined:1x2 SS + 4xMS] or the 4xS just above if you have set AA in game to 2.

I am sure I see a difference, but it may be placebo, bit of a frame rate hit, not sure what the heck they have done to the cockpit panel but that is a major frame rate hit for me.
"They say that just before you die, your whole life flashes in front of you. Make sure it is worth watching."
SYN_Blackrat
Site Admin

Re: Enhancing the graphics

Postby SYN_Mugue » Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:22 pm

Sorry for the necro-izing this thread but it seemed like a good place to stuff this post....

THANKS to Repent for showing me that you can turn off that hideous(to me) bloom effect when running in Ultra graphic settings.
Simple as editing the startup.cfg to "Bloom = 0" and changing the file to read only.(not sure why I didn't think of it earlier, too lazy I guess)

But it's so nice not having those over large, glowing scratches on the canopies! And I'm hoping it will minimize the glare off the propeller disk at certain angles, though I haven't tested that yet...

Thanks Rep.
"Billy Pilgrim has come unstuck in time."
SYN_Mugue
Syndicate Exec

Return to IL2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad