Possible alternative for now

A place to discuss the new title from 777 and 1C

Moderator: SYN Exec

Possible alternative for now

Postby SYN_Mike77 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:22 pm

With our own server up only occasionally I went in and tried this server out: -DED- Random -Expert- BetaVersion-

It has pretty much the same settings I think our server would have. If anyone has any interest in setting up a day (days) and time to give it a go, I'd be interersted.

*Update* Just flew with Vorlander and a friend of his for about an hour and had blast. I was flying a 109 for the first time in for ever and still had fun! TS is absolutely necessary for this game.
SYN_Mike77
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Re: Possible alternative for now

Postby SYN_Mugue » Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:40 pm

I share interest in doing more squad flying. But I'm likely not the best one to suggest the day/time, as I think I've got more free time than most, so I've got some flexibility. :wink:

Regarding your edit: I'm sorry I didn't see you guys. I check TS occasionally to see if anyone's playing. But hardly ever see anyone flying. :| So 9 times out of 10, I end up going back to play with my new Christmas toys.(Dirt3 and getting back into Dirt rally) And I don't think I'm the only one that's gotten a bit "diverted"...I see Vander is waist deep in GTA5 and Blackie's lost some where in Fallout 4(even if he did want to play BoS...) :lol:

Sorry, Blackie & Vander, I didn't mean to "out" you guys there. I hope you will forgive me. :smile:
"Billy Pilgrim has come unstuck in time."
SYN_Mugue
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Vander » Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:44 pm

LOL, yeah, I have a bunch of other games waiting to be played and still play Elite Dangerous everynow and then. GTAV is now around 65% done, so shouldn't be that long... :grin: ofcourse, I haven't tried any of the mods yet!
SYN_Vander
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Bandy » Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:08 pm

Hell, I outed myself on a forum post not so long ago, and that's all fine. Just IMHO nobody should feel they have to play anything to be in the squad.

That said, Mugue, you really need to stop by on a TS channel even if you see people sitting in the tanks channel. In the past it was just something to fill the time until more people came along. Now I have it uninstalled (really) so if I'm sitting there, its only because somebody else was there and I'm chatting away waiting to go elsewhere.
Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Blackrat » Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:22 pm

No probs Mugue, I haven't flown for about 9 months, totally lost the mojo, currently have a cold that has left me with ear issues so I cannot wear headphones and Fallout 4 is on my 30 inch screen computer with speakers :grin: oh and I need to break in this Xbox one controller, which is actually working out okay, taking a while to get used to the sensitivity, obviously built for the reflex of 13 year olds not my arthritic fingers.
"They say that just before you die, your whole life flashes in front of you. Make sure it is worth watching."
SYN_Blackrat
Site Admin

Postby SYN_Mike77 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:47 pm

I can generally be on at 3:00 Eastern US time which is 8:00 GMT ( I believe) I'll get on and start up teamspeak. I just got off of about another hour flying with (against) Vorlander. I was in an IL-2 luckily, I never actually ran into him. Bagged a Ju 52 and two HE111's all parked and lived to tell the tail!
SYN_Mike77
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_Mugue » Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:16 pm

@Bandy-"That said, Mugue, you really need to stop by on a TS channel even if you see people sitting in the tanks channel. In the past it was just something to fill the time until more people came along. "<---Honestly, I have. I should probably do it more, also true. (And in the interest of full disclosure, I've uninstalled WoT also, it ain't really my cup o tea, and holy shit that install was getting HUGE!)

To be clear, I wasn't trying to guilt anybody into playing, just attempting to show some support for Mike's proposal.

I find it isn't really what we play, so much, as it's playing it together that makes it more fun.

True, I like flying games more than most it seems, be it RoF, Bos, DCS or whatever. Second comes squad based shooters and driving games. Sitting in channel(when nobody's playing the same thing) whilst pleasant, isn't as satisfying to me, as working together in something...

The trick right now I guess is finding that "something" to bring people together. If not BoS, then what?

@Mike, Cool. I'll keep an eye peeled for you.
"Billy Pilgrim has come unstuck in time."
SYN_Mugue
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Bandy » Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:47 pm

SYN_Mugue wrote:...I find it isn't really what we play, so much, as it's playing it together that makes it more fun. ...

Amen!
Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Jedders » Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:52 am

Ah yes, the age old question of what game to play next....

Funnily enough Karma and I were just doing our annual "whats around the corner" game chat this week....the same as we have been doing since 1999 :/

The only common bond we have is flying combat simulations....other than that we all like different stuff to different degrees...

The TS is what keeps us together so support that and something will come along... BoS frustrates me atm....CloD is pants....RoF is ignored by development...that leaves IL2:1946..........time for another go?
SYN_Jedders
Site Admin

Postby SYN_MrWolf » Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:04 pm

I know I am easily bored by games and almost want something new every month. Though I am often up for ideas especially when teamplay steps in. Like Mugue said it's just better when we share te experience together. Tho just sitting on the same server just doesn't cut it for me. Some sense of urgency to work together is what I love. That's why I like the Armas and Squad kind of gameplay.

This is still my fondest Syndicate memory :) Not sure I already was an official member back then..tho my first experience in coordinated teamplay with Rof. Loved it!
[vimeo]https://vimeo.com/15763500[/vimeo] https://vimeo.com/15763500

I also loved it some weeks ago when we flew together in one of Haash's mission. Not sure if the Tank part is great for teamplay since it splits up the squad a bit.
ALWAYS BE YOURSELF! UNLESS YOU CAN BE BATMAN. THEN ALWAYS BE BATMAN.
SYN_MrWolf
Syndicate Exec

Next

Return to IL2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad