New theatre and dev plan

A place to discuss the new title from 777 and 1C

Moderator: SYN Exec

New theatre and dev plan

Postby SYN_Haashashin » Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:42 pm

Hi guys,

Here it is: http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/250 ... ntry385578

Quick resume of mine: Its Kuban with plan to move to the Pacific after that :eek: :shock: :twisted: :grin:

I know, I know...I said I wont buy in if its another Easter front but...we will have the Spitfire Mk.VB (collector plane) and Aircobra!!! also sea operations, torpedoes and lot of more stuff. Actually I just want them to success at least untill that Battle of Midway or Guadalcanal arrives!!! Career ops...come on...

Even Jeds will be back to use the Spitfire Mk.VB

It sound all good to me.
SYN_Haashashin
Syndicate Exec

Re: New theatre and dev plan

Postby SYN_Vander » Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:17 pm

Great news! The idea that someday we'll end up in the Pacific again is fantastic.
Bandy, did you noticed the planned SDK for vehicles? We can already start building a ship for the Pacific theater! :cool:

I also like the plane set for Kuban: Airocobra, Spitfire, A-20 !
SYN_Vander
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Mugue » Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:00 pm

Excellent news! Glad to see some great planes coming up in the next installment. (Wish it was the Spit Vc we were getting.) Who knows the differences between the B model and the C? Is it just 4x20mm cannons equals the "C"?(If so, maybe with a weapon mod, we get the "C"? I hope...)
"Billy Pilgrim has come unstuck in time."
SYN_Mugue
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Bandy » Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:25 am

Hey, more ships! Yeah!

Can't say I'm excited about Kuban though...

Did they at least consider Mediterranean? :cry: I would have thought that a natural, they already had several a/c made...
Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Per » Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:53 am

Fantastic news!
Been wishing for the P-39 a long time!
Definitely looking at my hotas again. Hmmmm...
SYN_Per
Syndicate Exec

Location: Sweden, Stockholm but preferably at the cottage. In the pavillion...

Postby SYN_Haashashin » Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:36 am

Bandy, Jason is a big fan of Pacific. As of me, I have been waiting for a Pacific sim since the times of CFS microprose :lol: :lol:

Mediterranean doesn't offer much new....as you said same planes basically and a flat map as we already have.

I must admit I don't know much about Kuban but....there are mountains, sea, ports, etc,etc...at least we get new scenery. And don't forget the lend lease planes, those will bring new players in for sure.
SYN_Haashashin
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Bandy » Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:33 am

Do not get me wrong, I'm appreciative of the fact that they opened up MP access to BoM for everyone, and hopefully they'll do the same for Kuban. I'll buy the collector's planes if the terms are not limiting.

Hmmm, lots of "ROF-like" features listed, hopefully the capabilities will be improved for those SP people.
CO-OP Multiplayer Game Mode (ROF-like to start)
New Career for Kuban, Moscow, Stalingrad (ROF-like)
PWCG custom button in GUI (Similar to ROF)

Haash, yes I know of Jason's Pacific interest, and if I remember correctly Thunderbolt in particular though overshadowed in the Pacific by other aircraft. BUT Haash, really, what 'terrain' could be flatter than the Pacific? :wink:

The Med had carriers (RAF) lots of land and sea action in varied terrain (Morocco to Sicily to Crete to Egypt) so mountains, coast, islands, desert. Sure some BoX a/c would carry over (109, He111, Ju52, Spitfire) but then so many other possibilities, even biplanes for early theatre Gladiator and Fiat CR.42, then Hurricane, Dewoitine and Morane (Vichy), even early Mustang after 1942 when 'mericans saved the day. It could be very diverse. Just saying, with hope, one day...

Move to the Pacific Theater and build a first-class simulation of Carrier Warfare which dominated that theater...
Maybe they haven't seen Dr Zebra's videos yet... :lol: Just kidding, they'll make it happen. Though I've flown other sims with Pacific mods, so it can be brutally boring if the scale for ocean maps isn't reduced, it is a game after all. Midway, Guadalcanal, Saipan, ... all feature intense islands campaigns but how big a map will they cover? Maybe a series of small focused maps would be best.

Going to get my crystal ball out. Hmmm, everyone on MP is going to fly U.S.
Who the hell wants to be in any Japanese a/c (notice I didn't use Jap, being sensitive here) with no fuel tank protection? Early Pacific will be a more interesting/balanced match up, outdated Wildcats etc. verses nimble Jap Zeros, but afterwards with new aircraft it was a one-sided turkey shoot.
Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Haashashin » Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:26 pm

I simply love the Pacific. I see no difference in flying 20 min to target over land or over sea spekaing over TS. Maps cant be the whole ocean....the next one is 300×400km so no that big. Now imagine that map size with Guadalcanal on it or any other islands. Even if it's only sea...I still love the carrier ops in the Pacific.

About the planes....I know there were more planes but....the most known ones are already there so no way to sell them again and if you go for a special planes set...well I don't think it will sell good enough to.

Hopefully a team like the one making the free map showing up and built a Mediterranean one.

PS. And about the flat terrain...yes Pacific is like that but it won't arrive on our PC for at least 2-3 years. My point was about the next map.

Again, all in for Pacific.

That said, I think that with all the expected changes I would have buy in even if they do Alaska :lol: :lol:

They are the only one doing a non study sim based on WWII so I think is good to buy in....not only premium planes, but that's me :lol:
SYN_Haashashin
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Mike77 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:50 pm

From what I'm reading they are going to have planes carrying torpedoes and ships at sea to sink them with. Kuban is sort of a stepping stone to the Pacific. Jason's hands are all over this plan. I'm in and I hope they succeed.
SYN_Mike77
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_Haashashin » Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:11 pm

ohhh by the way, my opinions are not to be taken into account due to me been way biased and involved in this thing :lol:
SYN_Haashashin
Syndicate Exec

Next

Return to IL2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad