Pacific Theater

A place to discuss the new title from 777 and 1C

Moderator: SYN Exec

Pacific Theater

Postby SYN_Haashashin » Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:42 pm

I just saw that Jason started to gather info about this teather of operations at the official forum (https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/forum/10 ... ssistance/). Starting with the fleets involved in Midway, Its a impresive list of vessels all aorund: https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/27 ... ntry436934 but...

Over at the at the presentatio post, he admits it will impossible for the team to build all ships available alone so he hopes that with the help of talented modelers they are able to built a impressive list. Bandy, Vander?? fancy to build a WWII ship?? :lol: :lol:

Other than that, I cant wait to land at the carriers!!! or at least try :lol: :lol:
SYN_Haashashin
Syndicate Exec

Re: Pacific Theater

Postby SYN_Vander » Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:50 pm

Sounds like a nice challenge! But we'll have to get a working pipeline of tools& methods before we really start! :cool:
SYN_Vander
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Bandy » Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:55 am

It's not realistic to plan/hope for each of the real ships at Midway to be modeled other than the carriers (since they will play such an important role), but perhaps one or two representatives of each of the other types, destroyer, cruiser, battleship, oiler, transport, submarine, etc.
Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Vander » Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:04 pm

Transports will be needed (excellent target!) and are hopefully not so difficult to model?
SYN_Vander
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Haashashin » Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:29 pm

I agree Bandy and Jason also knows, thats why he is already talking about the use of 3rd party to help built more ships and stuff...

Vander you should get in touch with Jason for that info and tools when (if ever) you want to build something, I know (and you to) that he wont say no :lol: :lol:

Edit: He even set up a Jobs, contractors and content creator subforum :wink: https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/forum/10 ... -creators/
SYN_Haashashin
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Bandy » Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:25 pm

Well, you can't blame me for perhaps stating the obvious since he provided looong list of the ships on the thread, right?
Then there are the people who just don't get it that not all individual ships can be modeled. Too bad really.

Our experiment with software interactivity didn't end well. Perhaps I'll stick to helping with textures?

There has to be 3D models already for most of the major ships.
Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

Return to IL2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad