Ricky back on duty!

A place to discuss the new title from 777 and 1C

Moderator: SYN Exec

Ricky back on duty!

Postby SYN_Ricky » Mon May 29, 2017 9:31 am

Hello guys,

been away from squad/forum activity and from gaming in general for quite some time now, but I still tried to follow Il-2 development from a distance. And of course the need of some virtual flying made its way back, thought quite slowly. I finally turned my (very antiquated) gaming PC on for the first time a few weeks ago and started playing a bit of Elite first, and then Il-2 once I updated everything, and I'm getting addicted again!

I flew a few sorties in solo and then on the WOL server, having quite some fun, but definitely my PC is not good any more for Il-2 with the latest improvements. Still playable, but on many occasions my FPS drops to unacceptable levels (in furballs, sometimes at landing or at takeoff on crowded airfields).
Still, while I'm saving up and looking for a new machine, I'll keep on practising a bit.

I see that some of you are flying on WOL, Random Expert and TAW, are there specific days you fly on? I registered on those three servers, and would like to try and join you some day, just to see if it's feasible with my current machine, as it's not as much fun flying alone against organized opponents.

See ya!
SYN_Ricky
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Re: Ricky back on duty!

Postby SYN_Skydance » Mon May 29, 2017 10:30 am

Welcome back Ricky

We quite often fly iL2 on a Sunday evening. Although we flew DCS last night (new Normandy map just released)

ARMA3 is quite popular ATM also

Just jump on TS to find out what's happening. If you PM Jedders or Koll, with your mobile number, they can add you to the "Syndicate" Whatsapp group
i7 7700k @4.2Ghz, GTX 1080Ti,16G RAM, TrackIR, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS joystick, MFG Crosswind rudder pedals, Saitec throttle quadrants/trim wheel, a custom panel, HTC Vive and an Oculus Rift.
SYN_Skydance
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_MrWolf » Mon May 29, 2017 11:07 am

Good to see you return Ricky :)

Yeah hop on Teamspeak!
ALWAYS BE YOURSELF! UNLESS YOU CAN BE BATMAN. THEN ALWAYS BE BATMAN.
SYN_MrWolf
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Repent » Tue May 30, 2017 3:36 pm

Hey Ricky, good to see you around!!
SYN_Repent
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Ricky » Tue May 30, 2017 4:55 pm

Thanks for your replies, will hop on TS one of these days, probably Sunday!
SYN_Ricky
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Return to IL2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad