Re: New TAW squad setup

Postby SYN_Repent » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:02 pm

join me mugue!!

17 kill streak now, getting scary
SYN_Repent
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Mugue » Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:46 pm

Oh man!, this f-ing game can be so infuriating sometimes....

I just flew an 1hour 6min sortie in an A-20. Clawed my way to 23000ft and traveled around the whole map. Conditions were partly overcast and I overshot my target by a fair margin. :oops: So I put on the level stabilizer and started searching the map to find just where the F#@K I am. By the time I locate myself and have a new coarse to target, I notice an ominous sound of wind rushing by TOO fast.(OH SHIT, it's fallen out of auto pilot!) I pop out of the map to find I'm diving straight down, engines screaming and I'm shedding pieces. :shock: I carefully pull up at about 11,000ft to discover I have no rudder or ailerons and the only means of meaningful directional control is to use differential throttle inputs. Obviously this mission has gone sour in a hurry, and it's just about survival now. I pickle the bombs on some unfortunate locals and set off for home...And god damn if I'm not doing my best flying, crossing half of the map...I'm sure that I'm going to be able to land it back at home, but then the mission ends. When I check the TAW stat page my heart sinks. The parser called me crashed, took my plane away and didn't even give me credit for a combat mission! ARRRG! :evil:

I guess I'm lucky it didn't count me as dead too. :| (The wanking program that it is)

I just want to slap that thing or the programmer and say "You don't crash if you don't hit the ground, or collide with another plane, ass brain!" :lol:

Sigh, I feel better now. :smile:

Thanks.
"Billy Pilgrim has come unstuck in time."
SYN_Mugue
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Repent » Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:46 pm

That has been my favourite TAW to date, we struck up a decent partnership there mugue, next time i hope more of SYN will get involved, whether its fighters, combat support or level bombing, we can make a good show of ourselves, do a bit of training before hand.
SYN_Repent
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Blackrat » Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:28 pm

TAW what does that mean?
"They say that just before you die, your whole life flashes in front of you. Make sure it is worth watching."
SYN_Blackrat
Site Admin

Postby SYN_Repent » Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:13 am

Tactical air war
SYN_Repent
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Mugue » Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:05 pm

Yea, we were really getting into the swing of things there, Rep. Very enjoyable. (Took me right back to the roots of the squadron.)

It would be super cool if we could drum up some more coordinated squad interest in this. It really makes BoX shine when we've got something to work towards as a group, imho. TAW is a great example of how important teamwork is. Where flying alone is practically suicidal, and it's not all about padding personal stats, but getting the job done and surviving.(tho I'm sure there are some of those stat whoring buggers too. :wink: )

Pity the campaign had to ended so soon.(I started late in the game) Hopefully, it won't take them too long to get it back up again.
(I guess I need to start practicing my I-16 flying in preparation for the next one. :grin: )
"Billy Pilgrim has come unstuck in time."
SYN_Mugue
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Repent » Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:28 pm

i-16, mig 3 and il2 rocket attack practice is a must, we could be the best tank killer squad as far as im concerned, it doesnt have to be about fighters.
SYN_Repent
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Mike77 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:38 pm

when do you guys usually play? I would love to get involved.

IL 2 ground pounding is my jam!
SYN_Mike77
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_Blackrat » Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:42 pm

"They say that just before you die, your whole life flashes in front of you. Make sure it is worth watching."
SYN_Blackrat
Site Admin

Postby SYN_Repent » Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:12 am

it will be a good month or so before the next one is up, but, it will give us chance to practice.
SYN_Repent
Syndicate Exec

PreviousNext

Return to IL2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad