New TAW squad setup

A place to discuss the new title from 777 and 1C

Moderator: SYN Exec

New TAW squad setup

Postby SYN_Ricky » Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:39 am

SYN_Mike77 wrote:when do you guys usually play? I would love to get involved.

IL 2 ground pounding is my jam!
Same here, I know I subscribed to TAW and flew some solo sorties a few months ago. Would love to do this with the squad!
SYN_Ricky
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Re: New TAW squad setup

Postby SYN_Mike77 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:53 pm

I just registered an account, do I have to be added to the squadron?
SYN_Mike77
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_Mugue » Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:13 pm

@Mike, yes Repent will have to add you.

BUT, it's necessary to register/re-register for every new campaign. So, you registering now, might be for not, till they start a new one.

What I'm trying to say is, "You very well might have to register again when the time comes.", because they don't save information from one campaign to the next.
"Billy Pilgrim has come unstuck in time."
SYN_Mugue
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Blackrat » Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:43 am

Do you need to own the map the campaign is running on?

Just messing around with the IL2 but I am very rusty, in fact I have to start again. Is there an English version of the cockpit?
"They say that just before you die, your whole life flashes in front of you. Make sure it is worth watching."
SYN_Blackrat
Site Admin

Postby SYN_Mugue » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:53 am

No. When online, you get to play all maps.(smart decision by 777 imho) Single player, is limited to what you own.

No modded cockpits that I know of...though I think somebody made a manual on the BoX forums that gives that info, you'll have to search.
Russian planes are pretty simple to operate really. Red gauges are oil temp., Green are water temp., Yellow gauges are fuel unless it's a yak, then the gauge is out on the wings. The other gauges you can usually figure out by their units or reaction to your inputs. When in game press "o" to get the map page and select the other tab at the top. It will show important info on that planes operations. When none of that works, ask. :smile:

Edit: found this, http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/167 ... n-english/ , maybe it's got what you're looking for. I haven't looked at it.
SYN_Mugue
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Blackrat » Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:34 pm

Cheers Mugue, I already have the manual and a few other cockpit pictures, but was trying to be lazy especially in VR as I cannot just flip out and look at a sheet without reading glasses.
"They say that just before you die, your whole life flashes in front of you. Make sure it is worth watching."
SYN_Blackrat
Site Admin

Postby SYN_Mugue » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:46 pm

Guess they really need to make a usable map/kneeboard for you VR types. I know I would sure appreciate a RoF style map.(sizeable, moveable, and all the better if it could flip the page to plane parameters, and a scratch pad too.)

I can't for the life of me figure out why they left the map functions so weak and incomplete! Maybe one day they'll improve it... :wink:
SYN_Mugue
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_MrWolf » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:44 am

Next time I'll sign up as well. I would love what you guys are describing. Give me a shout ok?
ALWAYS BE YOURSELF! UNLESS YOU CAN BE BATMAN. THEN ALWAYS BE BATMAN.
SYN_MrWolf
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Haashashin » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:10 pm

I will join too. I only did like 3 sorties last time around and have a blast at it!! One nav exercise trying to find the guys and end up getting back to the airfield. One ground attack with Mugue to some position. And the last one, where I got a 109 without him even knowing I was there...it actually looked like in the movies when the plane just turn it belly up and go down in black smoke..
SYN_Haashashin
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Mike77 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:22 pm

Yeah, I'm in next time too. Give us a shout out!
SYN_Mike77
Syndicate Squadron pilot

PreviousNext

Return to IL2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad