New TAW squad setup

A place to discuss the new title from 777 and 1C

Moderator: SYN Exec

Re: New TAW squad setup

Postby SYN_MrWolf » Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:27 pm

Yes we are coming Mike :) Remember this day? We were actually flying for the German side.

https://vimeo.com/15763500

ALWAYS BE YOURSELF! UNLESS YOU CAN BE BATMAN. THEN ALWAYS BE BATMAN.
SYN_MrWolf
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Mike77 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:26 pm

Good times Wolfie!
SYN_Mike77
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_Ricky » Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:21 am

Three little piggies were flying West of Moscow in their Mig-3s, they swooped down on some baddies attacking their railway station, when out of nowhere came the Big Bad Wolf and shot them all down in flames :lol:

That is my AAR for the last mission I flew last night :mrgreen:

First mission in the I-16 went pretty well, we managed to fend off our attackers on the way home. Unluckily server restarded the mission when Vander was about to roast a 109. Cheaty germans!
SYN_Ricky
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_Repent » Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:36 pm

TAW is postponed by 1 week

Gives is time to practice more i suppose.

A couple of things i think we could/should sharpen up on

Comms:- it can get really busy when there are more than even 3 on comms, so keep things simple, listen, and give way to more important radio traffic

Break:- BREAK means break, make sure you turn hard, not half assed or to conserve energy, you need to be alive to fight on, those 109's can stick with you otherwise, and DONT keep chasing the guy once you've been told to break.

Covering team mates:- we have been doing it more recently, its good to call out every so often "your clear".....or "still clear", we seem to have that nailed, but in a furball, i think we need to take a second or two off our own targets to sometimes look at a team mates six and call it.

just observations.......
SYN_Repent
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Mugue » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:14 pm

fair points, Rep.
"Billy Pilgrim has come unstuck in time."
SYN_Mugue
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Ricky » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:24 am

SYN_Repent wrote:Break:- BREAK means break, make sure you turn hard, not half assed or to conserve energy, you need to be alive to fight on, those 109's can stick with you otherwise, and DONT keep chasing the guy once you've been told to break.

Covering team mates:- we have been doing it more recently, its good to call out every so often "your clear".....or "still clear", we seem to have that nailed, but in a furball, i think we need to take a second or two off our own targets to sometimes look at a team mates six and call it.

just observations.......

All good points Rep.

I still struggle to keep track of enemy aircrafts against the ground, even sometimes when following them. Once I follow a target I have a hard time keeping track of other planes around and even my 6 sometimes, by fear of losing sight of the plane I'm following....
SYN_Ricky
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_Mugue » Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:10 pm

You're not the only one with that problem, Ricky. :smile:

I think it's at times like that, it's wise to follow, 'the call to break', because often your wing man can have a better view of your situation than you do. But I know the sirens song of target fixation too well...It's hard to turn away, leave and regroup sometimes.

You might try running the game @1080p and the AA cranked up, if you're running at 1440p now. The game won't look as good, but the contacts will be 'easier' to see. It helps me drastically in competitive situations.(though I admit I miss the fine details I had at the higher res.)
SYN_Mugue
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Repent » Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:10 pm

for tracking lower aircraft when your wanting to glance away, i always sort of say to myself "hes over that lake" or "hes about to fly over that particular forest", when you look back, he should still be there, or close enough anyways.

And for tracking wingmen, similar sort of thing, i have a system of "look around for a few seconds, look at wingmans position, check wingmans 6, look around for a few seconds, look at wingmans postion, check wingmans 6", its not fool proof, but it works.

next time you find yourself in a furball behind a bandit, if you have friends there just take that second to have a look around, see if you can help them with a call, its hard sometimes to know who is who, but even a call of "someone needs to check six youve got one on you" can be the difference.
SYN_Repent
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Mike77 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:17 pm

According the game web page we are only a day or two away from the start. Still time to sign up!
SYN_Mike77
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_Mugue » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:37 pm

Game is ON.

edit: Sorry, false alarm. Tho the web map page has been updated... maybe later today is zero hour.
SYN_Mugue
Syndicate Exec

PreviousNext

Return to IL2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad