New TAW squad setup

A place to discuss the new title from 777 and 1C

Moderator: SYN Exec

Re: New TAW squad setup

Postby SYN_Mugue » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:30 pm

Because there was such seeming confusion about personal planes....
Here's the section of the manual that covers "Combat Missions" and how planes are replenished.
And I quote, with some added notes by me:

Remember to check available aircraft before spawning on the airfield! ( Here's the site http://www.taw.stg.de , bookmark it for fast access.)

Pilot gets one basic aircraft marked as +1 after each mission if he doesn’t have any of such type.
^(this is a reference to the "Plane Set Chart" in the TAW manual. look it up to see which planes get this treatment. http://taw.stg2.de/manual.php )

Pilot gets one aircraft after 3 combat missions.

The combat mission (CM) is:

· LANDED/IN FLIGHT sortie with AK/GK
· DITCHED on the friendly airfield sortie with AK/GK
· LANDED/IN FLIGHT sortie without any AK/GK lasts at least 15 min for bombers and attackers
· LANDED/IN FLIGHT sortie without any AK/GK last at least 25 min for fighters

· transport sortie (What I believe is, you MUST select EMPTY from the mods list and fly with full fuel for the sortie to count as a CM.)

· Bombers may get additional one combat mission for each 20 min of flight time after the first 15 min (this sortie must have AK/GK).

If pilot ditches on the friendly open airfield then his aircraft will be replenish in the next mission.

If pilot ditches on the friendly territory but outside the airfield then his aircraft will be replenish after 3 next missions. To ditch try to belly land as close your friendly cities or ground units as possible.

If pilot crashes or bails out over enemy territory there is always a chance he will not be captured.

All AK/GK are counted if a pilot ends sortie alive (no killed, captured or disco)

Some ground objects like hangars, depot buildings, ships are counted as more than one GK.

If pilot disconnects during a flight then all his AK/GK and combat missions are not counted and:

· aircraft is not lost if pilot or aircraft wasn’t damaged at all.

· aircraft is lost if pilot or aircraft was damaged and disconnection took place more than 5min after last damage. (I think this should read,"aircraft is not lost...")

· aircraft is lost and AK/GK streak is reset to 0 if pilot or aircraft was damaged and disconnection took place less than 5min after last damage. Sortie result is DISCO.

During the TAW campaign pilots collect medals, diplomas and experience points. The more points, the higher rank you are. Pilots get experience points for:

· air kill +50
· air kill assist +10
· tank +15
· ship +200
· other ground kills +7
· landing on the airfield +15
· each 3min of flight time +1 (result IN FLIGHT/LANDED)
· death, captured, DISCO -300
· crash or bailout -60
· ditch -30

Remember to check available aircraft before spawning on the airfield! (I'll copy this to the top of the list!)

I encourage all to read the full TAW manual. There's lots of good info in it.

Hope this makes things run smoother and more enjoyably.

Cheers.
"Billy Pilgrim has come unstuck in time."
SYN_Mugue
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_MrWolf » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:43 pm

SYN_Mugue wrote:The mystery of why people were getting banned for no discernible reason has been solved...Basically Wolfie and others were being kicked off the server to make room so the administrating squad members could join their own server. Sucks, but understandable. (that and I tipped them off that Wolfs a team killer) :razz: :lol:

I served my time Muge...lets forget about it :???: :lol: :lol:
ALWAYS BE YOURSELF! UNLESS YOU CAN BE BATMAN. THEN ALWAYS BE BATMAN.
SYN_MrWolf
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Vander » Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:34 pm

SYN_MrWolf wrote:
SYN_Mugue wrote:The mystery of why people were getting banned for no discernible reason has been solved...Basically Wolfie and others were being kicked off the server to make room so the administrating squad members could join their own server. Sucks, but understandable. (that and I tipped them off that Wolfs a team killer) :razz: :lol:

I served my time Muge...lets forget about it :???: :lol: :lol:

The devs should make reserved slots a feature, just as with Post Scriptum....
SYN_Vander
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Ricky » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:25 am

Don't know if I'll be able to join these next days, managed to hurt my right foot last night, nothing too serious but I can't use the rudder pedals right now. Please shoot down some germans for me, thx!
SYN_Ricky
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_Repent » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:15 am

im growing frustrated already, that I16 is a real piece of shit!!
SYN_Repent
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Mugue » Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:20 pm

SHHHHH, Quiet Repent! I think the Commissar heard you! He's looking over here and keeps fingering that revolver in his belt. He definitely doesn't look happy!
"Billy Pilgrim has come unstuck in time."
SYN_Mugue
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Ricky » Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:11 pm

SYN_Mugue wrote:SHHHHH, Quiet Repent! I think the Commissar heard you! He's looking over here and keeps fingering that revolver in his belt. He definitely doesn't look happy!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

SYN_Ricky
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_Repent » Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:48 am

ill be on tonight, 8:30-9pm ish
SYN_Repent
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Mike77 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:42 pm

I learned a valuable lesson Friday morning. I thought since I had the day off I would log in Friday morning Eastern time when few people would be on. It worked! Only about 25 people on and 15 were flying Red! So, I thought I would take up a ground pounder and go get some easy ground kill points.

Don't. Just dont :oops: Flying in solo over a ground target allows that new laser guided AAA the Germans developed to rip you to shreds before you even get close to dropping bombs on the target! Being slow, it took me two times to learn the lesson.

The good news is the map must have rolled over or something because I still have planes to fly.
SYN_Mike77
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_Repent » Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:04 pm

ive learnt that lesson mike, with the new map and new machines, its starting to swing our way a bit......

ive figured a bit of a cheap way to get some good fast CM's too, take a fighter with bombs from the base thats quite near enemy lines......then fly parallel along the lines looking for flak positions.....bomb them....return home.
SYN_Repent
Syndicate Exec

PreviousNext

Return to IL2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad