Practice makes perfect.

A place to discuss the new title from 777 and 1C

Moderator: SYN Exec

Practice makes perfect.

Postby SYN_MrWolf » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:53 pm

The last days we had some dogfight practicing sessions with Spud, Mugue, Repent and me. We would love to expand this a bit further to more squaddies.

We did 1vs1 2vs2 ...it's fun and really gets you aquinted with the plane.

We did it to get ready for TAW and to survive being bounced on by Germans for once. Just flying side to side won't get us there ;)

Who's in?
ALWAYS BE YOURSELF! UNLESS YOU CAN BE BATMAN. THEN ALWAYS BE BATMAN.
SYN_MrWolf
Syndicate Exec

Re: Practice makes perfect.

Postby SYN_Repent » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:05 pm

ill second this by wolf, this is all about getting to feel the extreme limits of our disadvantaged plane set (early war anyway), flying in formation, take offs and landings should be a minimum standard achieved, but if we cant fight as a group, a pair, a wing or whatever once it kicks off, then we are buggered.

come on, get involved with these 1vs1's or 2vs2's if you can, it accelerates the learning ten fold.
SYN_Repent
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Ricky » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:59 pm

I'm interested, when is the next session?
SYN_Ricky
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_Repent » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:25 pm

ill be on tonight ricky, probably wolfie too
SYN_Repent
Syndicate Exec

Practice makes perfect.

Postby SYN_Ricky » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:06 pm

Won't be able to make it tonight, next time then!
SYN_Ricky
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_Mike77 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:46 pm

where are you doing this? co op?
SYN_Mike77
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_Skydance » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:36 pm

I’m in, but not back home until a Friday
i7 7700k @4.2Ghz, GTX 1080Ti,16G RAM, TrackIR, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS joystick, MFG Crosswind rudder pedals, Saitec throttle quadrants/trim wheel, a custom panel, HTC Vive and an Oculus Rift.
SYN_Skydance
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_Mugue » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:22 am

Mike said, "Where are you doing this? co op?" -As you know, Mike, (cause we were doing some fighting tonight) we've been using the Berlogna(sp?) server for 1vs1 and 2vs2 sparring. It's a pretty good tool for finding out where the edge of the envelope is for whatever plane you're flying. And a good source of cheap and quick fun.

But maybe a "co-op" might be a good idea too. My idea here is to setup a very simple mission to simulate the problem you know we're going to face...ie being bounced by 109s from our high 6.

I think a "dog fight" mission would be best for this.(no need to restart the mission like in co-ops)

Something with air starts and both groups traveling roughly in the same direction. Where the blues start at say 4k trailing the reds, which are at say 2k. We take turns flying blue, and rise and repeat through a reasonable plane set that we might face in TAW. like I-16 vs 109e, lag3 vs 109e, etc...Focusing on one set at a time till we get our "moves down, like Jager". Then move to the next.

I guess we could just put all the planes in both spawns, or how ever many different spawn points/situations we want. Then we can switch planes types as we wish.

You know, basically make our own "Berlongna" but with something a bit more like what we'd be facing "IRL"(ie the game). :razz: Not just head to head face-offs. :wink:

If we wanted to go all mental with it, we could add some ground pounding element with many static vehicle columns to practice firing rockets, etc, from Il2's or whatever. But I think it should be kept simple so we can just work out tactics and technique's as quickly as possible. Then repeat them to develop our competence.
Like in one area, the targets are unguarded, to work on correct sighting and releasing. Another area has light AA guarding it, to work out how to move though the area without being murdered outright. And another, with 'The Full Monty' of AAA as the ultimate challenge.

Haash, Vander? Either of you willing to throw something simple like that together for us? Then we'd run it for a few hours now and again on Vanders server. In that way, people could come and go as they needed through the night on both sides of the pond.

Could make for some fun learning.
What do you think? or is it too much trouble?

Please submit your, Questions? Comments? Additions? Subtractions? Rebuttals?
:smile:
"Billy Pilgrim has come unstuck in time."
SYN_Mugue
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Repent » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:34 am

yes yes yes
SYN_Repent
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_MrWolf » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:30 am

ah..missed monday's evening. I'll be up for it tonight though.

It's nice how Berlongna has multiple slots. Those slots could also have multiple diffrent situations ..right?
ALWAYS BE YOURSELF! UNLESS YOU CAN BE BATMAN. THEN ALWAYS BE BATMAN.
SYN_MrWolf
Syndicate Exec

Next

Return to IL2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad