Squad tourney

A place to discuss the new title from 777 and 1C

Moderator: SYN Exec

Squad tourney

Postby SYN_Repent » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:19 am

Would anyone be interested in a squad 1vs1 and 2vs2 tourney, quite friendly, with the goal of improving personal skills and team work skills.

I know flying 1vs1 isnt everyones cup of tea, but that can be said of flying TAW, or even against human opponents on a server, or coops against AI, i enjoy the 1vs1's, and i would certainly enjoy the team work needed to form a good 2vs2 partnership.

the 2vs2 is something id like to do over 1vs1, but, we would need enough interest, id say at least 8 pilots to make 4 pairs.

to make it a little more interesting, the pairs could be chosen entirely at random, or we could have seeded pilots, who cant be in the same pair.

all pairs must make a team name.

we can discuss aircraft types and details of fights, but i think a best of 5, and perhaps the spit Vb.

anyway, just gauging interest at this point, please just give me a thumbs up or down either way......

may all your skies be blue..... :wink:
SYN_Repent
Syndicate Exec

Re: Squad tourney

Postby SYN_MrWolf » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:08 am

oh..that sounds really fun to do. A nice combination of fun and practice. I'm definitely up for it.
ALWAYS BE YOURSELF! UNLESS YOU CAN BE BATMAN. THEN ALWAYS BE BATMAN.
SYN_MrWolf
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Mugue » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:46 pm

Sure, sounds great.
Always interested in becoming a ball of flames and smoking ruins or dealing the same. :grin:
"Billy Pilgrim has come unstuck in time."
SYN_Mugue
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Ricky » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:30 pm

I'm interested, it can be a good exercice, I already learned a few things in those dogfights sessions we did!
SYN_Ricky
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_Mike77 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:23 pm

If the real world lets me, I'd be up for it!
SYN_Mike77
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_Repent » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:26 am

SYN_Ricky wrote:I'm interested, it can be a good exercice, I already learned a few things in those dogfights sessions we did!

I think we all did ricky, with practice we all learnt the quirks of the yak1.69, and had some very good fights.

So we have some interest, thats good, ill review again a week today, if we have enough interest then ill set something up, any ideas on rules and aircraft matchups in the mean time, lets hear them.
SYN_Repent
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Vander » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:53 pm

Sure, I'm happy to get my head blown off by my teammates !

How about instead of dueling in the same plane do 2 duels: 109 vs Yak and then swap? That way you get to learn a bit about the opponents
SYN_Vander
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Mike77 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:01 pm

Thats a good idea Vander!
SYN_Mike77
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_Repent » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:18 am

its a valid point vander, but, in all honesty i dont think it will work, the aircraft are a mismatch in that scenario, whatever russian aircraft is fielded would outfly the 109 9 times out of 10, im certain of that.

perhaps a mixed team, 1 109 and 1 yak/spitfire per team? the 109 has to climb, thats all it can do, and in that merge it wont have the time or chance, prove me wrong maybe?

and, imo this isnt about learning the opponents plane, its about becoming better in your own plane, and improving your own skills flying as a pair, which, i think would benefit us all.

when we are all on a server i believe we should be splitting into pairs or 3's at the most, its easier to coordinate, and the comms would be a lot better, setting up whisper buttons to talk to other pairs in other channels on ts, more guys need to take the lead, and be comfortable doing it.
SYN_Repent
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Semispud » Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:34 am

I'm in the same boat as Mike. I'm very interested, I just hope life will give me the opportunity to participate.
Spin, Burn, Crunch, Repeat!
SYN_Semispud
Syndicate Exec

Next

Return to IL2 Sturmovik: Great battles