777 and 1C do Battle of Stalingrad.

A place to discuss the new title from 777 and 1C

Moderator: SYN Exec

777 and 1C do Battle of Stalingrad.

Postby SYN_Jedders » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:43 am

From RoF website:

"Official Announcement

Good day pilots!

So, the long wait is over and we're ready to put the rumors to rest.

777 Studios partners with 1C to form 1C Game Studios (1CGS) and develop IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad

You can read the full announcement on the official website of the game at http://il2sturmovik.net. We also invite you to our new forum, where you will find additional information about the project and will be able to ask questions and chat with the developers.

To all our ROF customers and fans - this is not the end of ROF development or new content. Please do not panic. We are still working on the details and we will inform you once we have them. Right now all current releases we promised are on schedule.

On a personal note - the ROF community and your support has made this day possible. We have always wanted to make a WWII product and your support of our WWI product has afforded us this opportunity. Now you will be able to enjoy both WWI and WWII products produced by our team and new expanded team. If all goes to plan there will be much to be happy about in the coming months and years. We hope you will stick by us and continue to support our flight-sim endeavors.

Onward and upward!

:S!:"
SYN_Jedders
Site Admin

Re: 777 and 1C do Battle of Moscow.

Postby SYN_Jedders » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:01 am

SYN_Jedders
Site Admin

Postby SYN_Ricky » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:04 am

The new game will be based on the ROF engine adapted to WWII needs, and looks like the businnes model will be similar to ROF.
SYN_Ricky
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_Jedders » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:06 am

The important stuff:

Q. Who is managing this new combined development and business team?

A. The former 777 Studios development management team is overseeing the development of both BOS and ROF. Business matters are handled by a joint management team with executives from both companies.

Q. Will ROF development continue and will airplanes and content continue to be made?

A. Yes, ROF development will continue. We are still finishing development of features and content we promised the community earlier in 2012. The Channel Map, two seaplanes and two early-war scouts are still in development and scheduled for release end of 2012 and the beginning of 2013.

Q. Will BOS be based on the Digital Nature engine (777 Studios Technology)?

A. Yes, the Digital Nature engine and associated technologies will be the basis for BOS, but of course work will be done to make it ready for WWII aircraft and other changes to the code will no doubt occur over time. The engine is an ever evolving piece of software.

Q. Why was the Digital Nature engine chosen instead of the CLOD engine?

A. The Digital Nature engine is an advanced game engine that has been developed over several years and powers ROF with great results. Besides being relatively bug free and well-functioning, it has advanced physics, realistic flight-modeling, progressive damage modeling, complex ballistics, detailed environmental modeling, detailed terrain modeling and superb graphics rendering. Above all else it is more modular and flexible than the CLOD engine. It can even support different types of player vehicles from main battle tanks to giant robots. Using the Digital Nature engine will provide users with a well-functioning product at launch that can be brought to market fairly quickly. It can still be further enhanced in the future as needed.

Q. Will BOS be classified as an MMO?

A. No, BOS will include both SP and MP game-play options but giving some new unique experiences. We know flight-simmers enjoy both types of game-play.

So, basically, its done by 777 with their better game engine and RoF will continue....RESULT!
SYN_Jedders
Site Admin

Postby SYN_MrWolf » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:08 am

Good news ! I don't mind spending some money on wwII planes.
ALWAYS BE YOURSELF! UNLESS YOU CAN BE BATMAN. THEN ALWAYS BE BATMAN.
SYN_MrWolf
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Ricky » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:16 am

I hope they will maintain (or even go further) the level of engine/system management as it is now.
SYN_Ricky
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_Jedders » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:19 am

Dont see why not, with Jason at the helm this thing will get done right!
SYN_Jedders
Site Admin

Postby SYN_MrWolf » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:45 am

Well I wouldn't give Jason credits for the production. It was already going in a good direction on techical level before he stepped in.

I ofcourse hope this will work out. I can't help thinking this is still a profit deal. They are doing this because they think they can make more money then by just
making Rof great. Rof hasn't shown to be the fastest developers. Probably due to their small team. Remember..Jason is from Vegas and for him this is just a profit deal!

My prediction is that they will finish the channel map together with the last planes and after that the dev speed will decrease drasticly. They will not focus on
fm changes, because there is a new cash cow for them.

I can only hope really hard, that Battle of Moscow will be good and the Clod people learned a bit from their mistakes.
ALWAYS BE YOURSELF! UNLESS YOU CAN BE BATMAN. THEN ALWAYS BE BATMAN.
SYN_MrWolf
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Jedders » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:56 am

All of that makes perfect sense to me, Wolfie. I think you have it spot on.

Mind you, I think there needs to be "the next big thing" to look forward to. We have at least 14 months before any sign of BoM so we will see the completion of the new RoF map and more planes. After that?...who knows..maybe if its too much of a burden we will get devloper tools and the modding community can really get their teeth into it. After all, once the modders took over IL21946 it really went ballistic.

RoF has been a huge part of our lives in SYN for a long time and we of course are very defensive of it as you would expect. I dont see this as the end of it but a progression through to a new era. You never know, of course, maybe RoF and BoM with the same engine will be merged?...
SYN_Jedders
Site Admin

Postby SYN_Repent » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:17 pm

hurray, some good news at last, and with our knowledge of the RoF engine, we can create a great server for this right from the word go.
SYN_Repent
Syndicate Exec

Next

Return to IL2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad