777 and 1C do Battle of Stalingrad.

A place to discuss the new title from 777 and 1C

Moderator: SYN Exec

Re: 777 and 1C do Battle of Stalingrad.

Postby SYN_Mike77 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:32 am

My favorite post over there is the guy who says he can sell his joystick because with RoF a mouse is all you need. Really, where do they get this stuff?
SYN_Mike77
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_Ricky » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:59 am

I would have sincerely preferred seeing both game engines being continued side by side with both team joining man/brain power, but I guess it's just not realistic as we don't live in a fairy tale's world :razz:
SYN_Ricky
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_Jedders » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:29 am

The whiners will just get quieter and then give the thing a go. As always in life it will not meet everyones expectations fully but it will a dman sight closer to what we all want than ever before. In fact if they stuck a P40 in RoF right now I would be happy.

RoF is by far the hardest combat flight sim I have ever played. Ok its easy to get off the ground but the combat is not easy and thats what interests me.

Time will tell but I reckon every person who has an opinion will try the new game which is a hell of a lot different than if 1C had been doing it on their own.
SYN_Jedders
Site Admin

Postby SYN_Haashashin » Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:44 pm

Anyone else notice that the new website is called just Il-2 Sturmovik forum, not an il2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad one??...lets hope this means that Stalingrad is only the beginning if all goes well. Maybe my youngers years dream of a kickass pacific war sim will come true!!!!
SYN_Haashashin
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Speck » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:03 pm

I'm sure that is their intent, similar progression to what the original IL-2 followed. Start with one small theater, then expand to other maps, time frames, plane sets etc as the sim evolves. Not only does this provide almost limitless expansion potential, with ROF's business model there is much more income potential than with the WWI scenarios that could still be done. If it all comes to pass, this might be a very expensive sim to own. With hundreds or even thousands of possible WWII aircraft variants available, and dozens of maps, will they really still sell each model for $8 and each map for $20? Think how many variants were available (for free) in IL-2.

I for one am glad to see them starting in the 1942 time-frame. It was always my favorite era in IL-2 (although more for the Spit V/P-40 vs Bf 109 F matchup). On the Eastern front, I think you guys had better start mentally preparing yourselves to be always flying outclassed Russian aircraft online. On an online map featuring I-16s vs 109 E4s, guess which will be the more popular choice! And those who always fly German for "historical" reasons/sqn affiliation, no matter how unbalanced the sides, will no doubt be the same ones constantly complaining on forums about how the Russian aircraft are overmodelled. But I am getting cynical already :lol:
SYN_Speck
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Haashashin » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:15 pm

Well Im hoping they dont sell each version of each aircraft as stand alone model, if that the case I guess I will only have one model/version of each aircraft. Make more sense to me to sell all versions under just one item, maybe 10 $ for all FW109 models that were in that theater?? something like that will make a lot more sense...at least to me.
SYN_Haashashin
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Mars » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:28 pm

Oh God, I've got a feeling of deja vu already...

Il2 Sturmovik: LA5FN vs 109G2 FM Arguments Version 2.0 (Ad Nauseum Edition)
Last edited by SYN_Mars on Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SYN_Mars
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_Speck » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:32 pm

Yes, I am hoping that too, Haash. Also, hopefully they will reduce overall prices a bit. There are so many models, and the market is much larger so it should be possible I think..

And I guess FM arguments will never end, no matter the sim or era. It's apparently a fun hobby for some to argue over. Maybe even helpful for devs, if they have enough patience to comb through all the pages of rehashed circular arguments to find the occasional nugget of new information or data.
SYN_Speck
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Mugue » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:22 pm

I'm trying not to get too excited about this. I'm just going to wait and see what developes. Personally I've got real issues with buying every plane as a stand alone entity, like RoF. What about the limitaions of the RoF engine? WWII, limited to the number of objects we have in RoF, don't sound like WWII to me. All that on top of more complex airplanes and such = they've got some real problems to solve to make this work on the average computer. If they're keeping the Il2 name, dose that mean that we're still stuck with that fucked up contract they signed with Northrop Grumman? That would totally suck, IMO. I want to be hopeful, I'd love to dream of all that could be. But frankly speaking, I've got a funny feeling in my stomach about this. Hopefully it's just what I ate for lunch today.

By the way, what happened to the Battle of Moscow? Anyone know?
"Billy Pilgrim has come unstuck in time."
SYN_Mugue
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Vander » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:26 pm

SYN_Mars wrote:Oh God, I've got a feeling of deja vu already...

Il2 Sturmovik: LA5FN vs 109G2 FM Arguments Version 2.0 (Ad Nauseum Edition)

Oh yes. I think we'll probably have to fly the 109, because the dogfight types will fly their La5's down low and no-one bothers to climb.... Sound familiar? :) Go to Clod or IL 2 server and you will still see everyone flying at low to medium altitudes. At least for the Russion front this was more historically correct.
SYN_Vander
Syndicate Exec

PreviousNext

Return to IL2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad