777 and 1C do Battle of Stalingrad.

A place to discuss the new title from 777 and 1C

Moderator: SYN Exec

Re: 777 and 1C do Battle of Stalingrad.

Postby SYN_Ricky » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:17 am

SYN_Mugue wrote:By the way, what happened to the Battle of Moscow? Anyone know?

As far as I know it was probable that ClOD's sequel would also have been in Stalingrad and not Moscow as it was first announced. Hints were given by a few screenshots were you could perfectly see a typical bend of the Volga and also by the screens of the La-5, a plane that wouldn't have fitted in the Battle of Moscow.

Anyway, whatever it was it's definitely dropped, the only ongoing project now is the new sim announced by 1C/777 that will develop along ROF.
SYN_Ricky
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_Kollwitz » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:44 am

SYN_Mugue wrote:I'm trying not to get too excited about this. I'm just going to wait and see what developes. Personally I've got real issues with buying every plane as a stand alone entity, like RoF. What about the limitaions of the RoF engine? WWII, limited to the number of objects we have in RoF, don't sound like WWII to me. All that on top of more complex airplanes and such = they've got some real problems to solve to make this work on the average computer. If they're keeping the Il2 name, dose that mean that we're still stuck with that fucked up contract they signed with Northrop Grumman? That would totally suck, IMO. I want to be hopeful, I'd love to dream of all that could be. But frankly speaking, I've got a funny feeling in my stomach about this. Hopefully it's just what I ate for lunch today.

By the way, what happened to the Battle of Moscow? Anyone know?

This will be a very difficult decision for 777, and one that can make or break the sim. If they do choose to sell every (main) variant seperate, you will have to buy at least four me109 to get a decent cover of the war (E,F,G,K). Same with the Spits (I,II,V,IX,XIV). This will only work if they are relatively cheap, or sold in bundles.

As for the engine complexity, they have been planning x64 and dx11 for the DN engine, but could not start on it because of funding. I won't believe that it will be the same engine we have now as that will not work with the large number of objects on the eastern front. Bigger potential group of customers gives them the chance to get that work going, and RoF will indirectly benefit as well.

Will it be the same as CloD, with all the mythical options and possibilities in the game engine, probably not. In the end, there will probably be a hard cap on objects and AI, but if they raise that limit to 1000+, it is workable. The biggest difference is of course that what they do promise on the box, actually works out of the box.

See first, then believe? Sure, but 777 and the Moscow team do have a good track record. I think i will support this, even though i like my wood and wire contraptions, and NO, i won't fly the Po-2 over the Wolga!
SYN_Kollwitz
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Ricky » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:40 am

SYN_Kollwitz wrote:
SYN_Mugue wrote:I'm trying not to get too excited about this. I'm just going to wait and see what developes. Personally I've got real issues with buying every plane as a stand alone entity, like RoF. What about the limitaions of the RoF engine? WWII, limited to the number of objects we have in RoF, don't sound like WWII to me. All that on top of more complex airplanes and such = they've got some real problems to solve to make this work on the average computer. If they're keeping the Il2 name, dose that mean that we're still stuck with that fucked up contract they signed with Northrop Grumman? That would totally suck, IMO. I want to be hopeful, I'd love to dream of all that could be. But frankly speaking, I've got a funny feeling in my stomach about this. Hopefully it's just what I ate for lunch today.

By the way, what happened to the Battle of Moscow? Anyone know?

This will be a very difficult decision for 777, and one that can make or break the sim. If they do choose to sell every (main) variant seperate, you will have to buy at least four me109 to get a decent cover of the war (E,F,G,K). Same with the Spits (I,II,V,IX,XIV). This will only work if they are relatively cheap, or sold in bundles.

As for the engine complexity, they have been planning x64 and dx11 for the DN engine, but could not start on it because of funding. I won't believe that it will be the same engine we have now as that will not work with the large number of objects on the eastern front. Bigger potential group of customers gives them the chance to get that work going, and RoF will indirectly benefit as well.

Will it be the same as CloD, with all the mythical options and possibilities in the game engine, probably not. In the end, there will probably be a hard cap on objects and AI, but if they raise that limit to 1000+, it is workable. The biggest difference is of course that what they do promise on the box, actually works out of the box.

See first, then believe? Sure, but 777 and the Moscow team do have a good track record. I think i will support this, even though i like my wood and wire contraptions, and NO, i won't fly the Po-2 over the Wolga!

Well said Koll !

Jason already said that the businness model will be close to ROF but not exactly the same. I also think that plane bundles would work better for WWII. Also I don't really see what extra you could buy for a WWII plane, they were pretty standard even if field mods still happened. I wouldn't like having to buy a pack to have rockets on an Il-2 :mrgreen:
SYN_Ricky
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_Haashashin » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:24 am

News update brought good news at least the way I see it ;)...same Mission Editor!!! allready thinking in missions hehehehe. I dont know I just gave it a quick read, I think overall is good news, 10 planes on release for example and i dont do tanks, but what you guys think of that tank??, on DN engine I guess.

Edit: By the way Jeds, you gonna be the only one to post in the diary hehehehe if they dont delete your post ;)
SYN_Haashashin
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Jedders » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:02 pm

I used my special posting powers ;)
SYN_Jedders
Site Admin

Postby SYN_Bandy » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:26 pm

SYN_Kollwitz wrote:... As for the engine complexity, they have been planning x64 and dx11 for the DN engine, but could not start on it because of funding. ...

The latest Q&A basically says they are going with Dx9 and appears to me they likely will not abandon 32 bit either, though they should IMHO. If you're still running 32 bit, I apologize (for your sake), but you should know better, the writing has been on the wall for some time.

@ Hash RE: hopeful Pacific theatre. You willing to fly Japanese? Japanese mid- to late war? Without any armor or self-sealing tanks??? You'll be in the minority there --talk about mismatched sides...

After they do Russia, I think a smart choice would be Mediterranean theatre: German, British, American, Italian, Vichy French.
Some planes will carry over, so less work to release, and wonderful scenery with ocean and ships. Great open country battles, few towns/cities. Some carrier action perhaps as well.
Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Kollwitz » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:52 pm

64bit would be nice, but i still don't know the REAL benefit of dx11 in flight simming, except what MS tells us of course
SYN_Kollwitz
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Bandy » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:09 pm

SYN_Kollwitz wrote:64bit would be nice, but i still don't know the REAL benefit of dx11 in flight simming, except what MS tells us of course

Exactly, and as mentioned in their Q&A, there is no overpowering benefit to Dx10 or 11 in a flight sim engine. Now, maybe Dx10/11 might be more efficient in a graphix pipeline, but somehow my skeptical side says (from software/M$ experience) that Dx10/11 are feature bloated, and so would likely not be more efficient. Just a guess though, please correct me if otherwise...
Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

Postby JG1Pragr_J6 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:34 pm

SYN_Haashashin wrote:Well Im hoping they dont sell each version of each aircraft as stand alone model, if that the case I guess I will only have one model/version of each aircraft. Make more sense to me to sell all versions under just one item, maybe 10 $ for all FW109 models that were in that theater?? something like that will make a lot more sense...at least to me.

IMO the current RoF selling policy could be more than sufficient. Let's say, they'll make the vanilla Bf109G-6 with DB605A and 1.3ata/2800rpm, armor plate behind pilot's head, nonretractable tail gear. The price will be like 10$. Field mod could add the earla cockpit and armored glass behind and retractable tail gear. With weapon mod you could get any R/U modification (like undewing 20mm canons, nose mounted MK108 or even rockets). Additionally we could get and engine mod finally so you could easily change your vanilla G-6 to G-6 with DB605A and 1.42 ata, DB605AM, AS, ASM (and in fact you could easily make G-14 out of G-6). So there would be like 5 different versions of Gustav based on single plane modeled. The only question is, if it's possible to make a different engines like a mod or if every single plane with different engine has to be make sepparately (in example like D.VII and D.VIIf)

But this is my pure speculation based on current RoF store and field/weapons mod structure.
JG1Pragr_J6

Postby SYN_Per » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:49 pm

I don' t envy them walking down that path. Seems a very likely pay to win scenario might occur. I have confidence in the devs though.
SYN_Per
Syndicate Exec

Location: Sweden, Stockholm but preferably at the cottage. In the pavillion...

PreviousNext

Return to IL2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad