Voice Attack

Discuss books/music/film and other such cultural oddities.

Moderator: SYN Exec

Voice Attack

Postby SYN_DerHesse70 » Wed May 28, 2014 12:45 pm

Anybody tried it!

http://www.voiceattack.com/

I found it randomly in this video.

I think it is cool for some functions in a game like this but for the basic controls it feels like a cheat to me.

And it is nothing for TS users. :mrgreen:
"Es ist noch kein Meister vom Himmel gefallen!"
SYN_DerHesse70
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Re: Voice Attack

Postby SYN_Bandy » Wed May 28, 2014 3:20 pm

Great find! Seems a bargain at $8, I'll give it a try with some titles, though would seem weird with anything other than a space sim... :???: I think brain-to-finger keystrokes would be faster in most combat situations, but could be wrong.

But as you say, what is going to happen when you're on TS? Perhaps you can press a key to deactivate Voice commands and at same time have that key activate your mic??? Ah, solution here! http://www.voiceattack.com/howto.aspx

Sometimes you really don't want VoiceAttack to recognize what you are saying. Especially if you are in a noisy area or are using voice communication software. You can now make VoiceAttack start or stop listening with your mouse buttons (the five standard mouse buttons : right, left, middle, forward & back). ...

Also if you have a non-English Windoze OS then see here. A whining Dutch person found a workaround :grin: : http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/voice-attack-is-brilliant-voice-controlled-button-box.304846/

- Install the MUI language pack English on your other native language Windows (in my case a Dutch Windows).
- Select English language in: Control Panel > Clock, Language and Region > Country and Region > Change Display Language
- You need to log off, do so.
- Start the Speech recognition in: Control Panel > Ease of Access > Speech Recognition > Start Speech Recognition
- Check if you have the correct language for speech: Control Panel > Ease of Access > Speech Recognition Options > Advanced Speech Options then Select the Language of Speech Recognition Engine
- Select your native language again in: Control Panel > Clock, Language and Region > Country and Region > Change Display Language
- Log off again as being told.
- Now a message appears saying the speech engine can't start due to the native language not being supported and blah. Ignored it!
- Start VirtualAttack and in the options select your speech engine's language
- Restart VirtualAttack and... it works!

AND for Blackie... :grin:
Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

Re: Voice Attack

Postby SYN_Blackrat » Wed May 28, 2014 5:10 pm

Yep, thanks already aware of it, would rather have tactile feel of switches I can flick and buttons etc.
"They say that just before you die, your whole life flashes in front of you. Make sure it is worth watching."
SYN_Blackrat
Site Admin

Return to Koll's Culture club