films, tv series, documentaries etc

Discuss books/music/film and other such cultural oddities.

Moderator: SYN Exec

Re: films, tv series, documentaries etc

Postby SYN_Bandy » Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:11 am

A true art film...

Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Bandy » Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:22 pm

WWI aerial footage in colour? Or colorized??? perhaps a little of both...

Very interesting images of early two-seat SPADs and Voisin 3's (I believe), as well as footage of an obs. balloon being shot and going up (down) in flames.
Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Skydance » Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:27 pm

One of the benefits of having an eight year old son is that you have a reason to go to the cinema to watch Disney Planes :grin:

i7 7700k @4.2Ghz, GTX 1080Ti,16G RAM, TrackIR, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS joystick, MFG Crosswind rudder pedals, Saitec throttle quadrants/trim wheel, a custom panel, HTC Vive and an Oculus Rift.
SYN_Skydance
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_Mugue » Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:33 am

Nice pictures Bandy. Though I find it VERY hard to believe that any of it was really filmed in color. It looks colorized. Each face, uniform, blade of grass and piece of sky all have the same painted on look with the same shade, no variation?. And the dead giveaway is always highlighted around smoke and fire. They just can't get it right. :sad:

And on a side note, I must say, I hate it when they do that. It only obscures the content imho. But for some reason tv producers feel they must do it or nobody will watch. :roll: There's a real art in black and white photography, and when someone slaps lame ass colors on it, it loses something vital to me.

Interesting stuff though, thanks for posting.(I just needed to turn the colors down on my monitor.) :razz:
"Billy Pilgrim has come unstuck in time."
SYN_Mugue
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Mike77 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:27 pm

Completely unrelated to our favorite flight sims or organized war at all:

http://www.fxnetworks.com/soa

Sons of Anarchy. A loose reading of Hamlet set in a motorcycle gang in California. Bonus! half of season three takes place in Belfast and the surrounding 6 counties.
SYN_Mike77
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_Bandy » Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:45 pm

If you haven't seen this documentary before, it is quite intense. Well worth the time.

And I'm sure many of you are familiar with this BBC series 'over there'. Some may not be, so...
THE GREATEST RAID OF ALL "What a story it is, straight out of a Commando comic book." the guardian Jeremy Clarkson tells the story of one of the most daring operations of World War II -- the Commando raid on the German occupied dry dock at St. Nazaire in France on 28th March 1942. It was an operation so successful and so heroic that it resulted in the award of five Victoria Crosses and 80 other decorations for gallantry.

Arnhem, a bridge too far...

Well off topic, and more a link for myself...
Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

Previous

Return to Koll's Culture club