Arma3 and IF'44 compromise? Crete 1941? Sicily 1944?

A place to discuss all thigns ARMA3

Moderator: SYN Exec

Arma3 and IF'44 compromise? Crete 1941? Sicily 1944?

Postby SYN_Bandy » Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:31 am

Some of Wolfie's comments on the graphic appearance of Iron Front (at least their rendition of Normandy) hit home after spending some 'quality time' with you fellows on Altis the other day. The islands in Arma3 are so well done that going back to basically unfinished content (like Normandy in IF'44) leaves you feeling empty in some respects. It's hard to suspend reality and become lost in the mission, at least those moments between the action when you traverse the country side.

I had a thought, and made a comment in passing: couldn't the Arma3 islands be used as a stand in for Crete in WWII? A short but very intense battle involving German paratroopers and mountain troops verses British and civilian Cretan defenders raged in May 1941. There are many opportunities for small-scale pitched encounters on a Mediterranean island with Ju87's supporting the attackers and tanks supporting the defenders. I have a detailed book on the subject I could share.

I know, I know, something would/should be done with all those petrol stations, cellular towers, and solar arrays, et cetera, not to mention I don't think IF'44 has British army content besides what US arms might have been lend-leased at the time. BUT I'm sure there are sections of those islands that do not have as much modern civilization, and would playing the defenders in US uniforms be an unacceptable compromise?

It may not even be possible to combine the content, but if so I am willing to try and do some of the work after current RL obligations are complete in a month or so. Perhaps somebody has already thought of this so must check A3 forums, but before I spend even a little time researching this what do you think???
Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

Re: Arma3 and IF'44 compromise? Crete 1941?

Postby SYN_MrWolf » Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:47 am

I think that could work Bandy. There are many places on the island suited for that.

Let's do some site spotting soon.

Tho... We didn't manage to do Vanders mission yet.
ALWAYS BE YOURSELF! UNLESS YOU CAN BE BATMAN. THEN ALWAYS BE BATMAN.
SYN_MrWolf
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Bandy » Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:44 am

Thanks for reply Wolfie.

The thread is about future possibilities, so believe me, I have every intent of playing Vander's SPR mission in the meantime, and hope several other Synners do as well!

Would like to see some small scale tank vs tank action in Normandy with supporting infantry in the future. Possibilities, its all about possibilities...
Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Ricky » Sun Apr 12, 2015 3:14 pm

That's a good idea, but as we have a more modern (1944) weapons set and americans units, we could also play some "Sicily scenarios" on those islands :cool:
SYN_Ricky
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Return to ARMA3