ARMA 3: "King of the Hill"

A place to discuss all thigns ARMA3

Moderator: SYN Exec

ARMA 3: "King of the Hill"

Postby SYN_Vander » Mon May 11, 2015 10:58 am

I have been playing this mission/server type with Wolfie and Bandy and it's a lot of fun after you have gotten used to it. A sector on the map (usually a town I guess) has to be defended. The side that manages to get most people for the longest time inside the circle wins (actually I'm not 100% sure how the mission logic works LOL). When you are inside the circle you earn money/xp(?) that you can use to improve your gear. When you are shot you can be revived (incapacitated soldiers lying on the ground also attract enemies that are waiting for someone to stop by and help them!) or you can respawn. After respawn you need to arrange for transportation to the battlefield by either buying a ride or hop onto someone else's.

This simple game mode works surprisingly well with a small squad. You'll create your own objectives on the way: "let's move around that sector and occupy that building". And of course you have the same intensity as an MP dogfight in RoF or Bos.

I still also want to do the coops though, they provide a more relaxed game mode and you can try out more stuff in ARMA!
SYN_Vander
Syndicate Exec

Re: ARMA 3: "King of the Hill"

Postby SYN_MrWolf » Mon May 11, 2015 1:46 pm

Yeah..I hope we can get some more squad mates in, so we can do some more teamplay. King of the Hill is nicely balanced and it gives a nice feel of a massive battle.
ALWAYS BE YOURSELF! UNLESS YOU CAN BE BATMAN. THEN ALWAYS BE BATMAN.
SYN_MrWolf
Syndicate Exec

Re: ARMA 3: "King of the Hill"

Postby SYN_Bandy » Mon May 11, 2015 3:58 pm

Yes, defo have had some good times in King'o'the Hill lately. Very intense, but the sniper seems to rule in this mode since there are no objectives (as far as we know) to actually accomplish, other than occupying the circle.

Maybe there is a way to divide the circle into zones, and each team tries to have someone occupy the majority (51+ %) of the zones for a given period of time to win.

Have to agree with Vander, I still hope we do coops in IF '44 and A3 not only because I'm still learning, but because it is just pure fun and not so competitive; I at least stand a chance against a really dumbed-down AI... :cool:
Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

Return to ARMA3