DCS:1944 News

A place to discuss DCS World P51 and the New DCS:1944

Moderator: SYN Exec

Re: DCS:1944 News

Postby SYN_Bandy » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:04 pm

SYN_Jedders wrote:... Wonder if it's all falling apart already....

Too bad that it may mean that the genre looses another possible title, and diminishes the respectability of kick-start/in-development flight sims just that little bit more. :???:

Embarrassed to ask, but how does pledged money via kick-start work in failed situations anyways? Yes, I know, I know, should have read up in-depth on such contingencies prior to SC, but didn't beyond a quick browse of the legalities.
Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Vander » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:58 pm

SYN_Jedders wrote:Odd. Almazi, the guy working on the new map for dcs has stated that he is no longer working on the project and that there has been a "change of direction". He also states that no one from RRG has made any contact with him recently which he finds "odd".

Yoyo makes the point that there are still ppl working on 109s for DCS, but I thought they were doing that before RRG came along?.

Wonder if it's all falling apart already....

On the bright side...that terrain didn't look good at all, so for me it's positive news! :grin:
SYN_Vander
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Mugue » Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:19 pm

Well I hope they can keep it together. I'm really looking forward to that "DCS" level P-47 and others...But since I didn't pony up any money, I guess lose nothing if they go the way of the dodo, except my dreams. :|

Re: the kick start. Don't they get to walk away with the money if they make their pledge goals? They only have to give it back if they don't. Is that right? If that's true, it does sound like a bit of a scam to me.

I'm not losing hope yet, we know what terrible communication skills these guys have, so who really knows what's really going on?!?? But if they do take a shitter, it will be some really bad P.R. for DCS, which won't be good imho.
"Billy Pilgrim has come unstuck in time."
SYN_Mugue
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Per » Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:16 pm

And finally perhaps Luthier will stop project managing...
SYN_Per
Syndicate Exec

Location: Sweden, Stockholm but preferably at the cottage. In the pavillion...

Postby SYN_DerHesse70 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:55 pm

I pledged only 30$ for DCS:WWII because i had no great hopes (in Luthier) in this project and wanted only the new planes and a proper map. So there is not much to lose.

I already owned the P-51D and hoped to get a proper map for this plane and some aircraft for the other side.

The future will show what we get. If MP in the EDGE engine will be the same pain like now in DCS World i will stop flying this SIM. That's no fun. :sad:

Did you try MP with 20 aircraft or more? It's only a big slideshow with 15fps if only one aircraft near you is firing his guns.

A shame because this SIM actually is very good and challenging.

But it was no good idea from ED to corporate with Luthier. They have a good reputation to lose contrary to Luthier. And the riot on the RRG forum is getting bigger every day.
"Es ist noch kein Meister vom Himmel gefallen!"
SYN_DerHesse70
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_Bandy » Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:01 pm

You guys really have to stop encouraging me to get this or that...

:lol:
Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Vander » Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:35 pm

Can't wait to fly this baby ingame! Someday this year we'll all be sitting in our cockpits, fiddling with all the levers and buttons for an hour just to get the engine started! :grin:

Also:

We see 2016 as a big year for aircraft carrier operations as we plan to release both Nimitz-class aircraft carrier and Kuznetsov-class aircraft carrier modules. Both of these modules will be incredibly detailed models with working elevators, interior hanger bays, animated ship systems, and the ability to walk around inside the ships. These will be optional modules that would replace the existing ships currently in DCS World.

Remember the movie "Final countdown"???
SYN_Vander
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Mugue » Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:30 pm

Ohhh, that looks nice!

Yes I remember that movie. Only this time we're changing the Battle of Britain with Su-27's? :wink:
SYN_Mugue
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Vander » Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:16 pm

Dunno, which plane in DCS would be correct to use on a Nimitz class aircraft carrier???
SYN_Vander
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Mugue » Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:39 am

F-14? :???:
SYN_Mugue
Syndicate Exec

PreviousNext

Return to DCS World: P51 and DCS:1944