Coop Mission DCS - Looking participants.

A place to discuss DCS World P51 and the New DCS:1944

Moderator: SYN Exec

Re: Coop Mission DCS - Looking participants.

Postby SYN_Semispud » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:03 am

You all have forced me to throw off the shackles of my Steam install. My stand alone install is now up and running, and 2.0 is downloading as I type.

I've got the following transferred over from Steam:
P-51D, Bf 109, Fw 190, F-86, MiG-15, L-39, A10-C, Combined Arms and Flaming Cliffs 3
....and have added
Nevada, Normandy+WWII Asset Pack
Spitfire
F-5E
So now I'm poor, and since I did it in the wrong order, I now have $10 credit. :eek: :oops:

Now, all I have to do is find a few hundred hours to remap all my controls. :lol:
Spin, Burn, Crunch, Repeat!
SYN_Semispud
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_DerHesse70 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:32 am

I'm also interested in COOP!

I own:

Maps: Normandy, caucasus

P-51D (ready to fly)

BF 109 (no practice, never flew it till now, waiting for my new throttle)

FW 190 (ready to fly)

Mig-15bis (no practice, never flew it till now, waiting for my new throttle)

Sabre F-86F (no practice, never flew it till now, waiting for my new throttle)

A-10C ( i can fly that bitch, but i'm to dumb for the weapon systems)

Black Shark 2 (no practice, never flew it till now, waiting for my new throttle)
"Es ist noch kein Meister vom Himmel gefallen!"
SYN_DerHesse70
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_Mugue » Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:20 pm

@Mr.Wolf,
If it's not a problem, could you throw in a flyable Viggin in your F-5E mission, for next time? Please. :smile:

In this last patch they finally gave it some ffb stick forces, so now it's playable for me. Yay!
After you all went to bed, I jumped in one. Without reading any instructions(or the slightest ability to read Swedish), and in just a couple of minutes I managed to mash enough buttons to start it, tear around the airport at Mach, and then land it undamaged! :cool:

God Bless those Swedish engineers, for making a complex plane, any country farm boy can climb in and start as though it was a tractor. :lol:
The RADAR is going to be a tad more difficult to manipulate, me thinks...must do some reading. :geek:
But what a rocket ship!
"Billy Pilgrim has come unstuck in time."
SYN_Mugue
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Blackrat » Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:53 pm

Okay, so you all re-piqued my interest in a sim I have invested a lot of money but not enough time, 'cos it can be friggen difficult to fly "proper"

I bought the A10 in 2010 and still can't remember how to fire the gun :grin:

But as a result I have Nevada map :grin:

I bought into Illya's crazy promises for some WW2 thing and pledged $40

As a result I have the 109 and Spitfire, and Normandy map and assets. :grin:

Also have the

Blackshark
Mi8
Huey

P51D
FW190
Sabre F-86F
Combined Arms

Just having a great time in the Sabre until I bust my WH stick, new stick has arrived, but next week I am anticipating an Easter sale on DCS so need to decide......

Mirage
F5
Viggen

?????

Help!
"They say that just before you die, your whole life flashes in front of you. Make sure it is worth watching."
SYN_Blackrat
Site Admin

Postby SYN_Mugue » Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:41 pm

Well Blackrat,
Wolf, Repent, and I have been using the F-5 a lot.
Lt.Dan, and Kara have been using the Mirage.
And I think I'm the only one with the Viggen.(as of now)

For my 2 cents, you'll likely get the most use from the F-5e or the Mirage.(So, "dealers choice", I guess.)
The Viggen seems pretty well done imo...but I'm a newbie in it, so can't really offer any help learning it.
SYN_Mugue
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Vander » Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:33 pm

Didn't the Swedes use roads as take-off/landing strips for the Viggens? Would love to fly one, but I don't expect it to be in a sale yet as it's very new?
SYN_Vander
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Mugue » Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:02 pm

SYN_Vander wrote:Didn't the Swedes use roads as take-off/landing strips for the Viggens? Would love to fly one, but I don't expect it to be in a sale yet as it's very new?

That's correct they did, or do?(Though I think they've all been retired by now, someone correct me, please.)
I read somewhere on the DCS forums that they were making some dedicated ground units to service the Viggin. So we could land on a road in game, taxi up to the ground units, rearm and refuel, then take off again. In addition we could then order the ground units to another position on the map and meet them at the new position to rearm/refuel there, etc, etc ...Sounded pretty cool, and I hope they follow through with it. :???:

And yea, it's a pretty new module. But they had it for 20% off the weekend of March 31st. And I think it's on sale this weekend in some bundle deals...You should have a look at their store page to see if you're interested in one of those.(but it's DCS, so even on sale it's still at bit pricey, I understand.)

I think that since Leatherneck spit into Heatblur and Magnium(?) studios, they might be trying to make some cash flow by having discounted sales...SO keep checking the weekend news. :wink:
SYN_Mugue
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Blackrat » Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:41 am

Cheers Mugue, I rather like the look of the Viggen, but I think it a bit VR heavy ATM, tending toward the Mirage I think ATM, suppose I could always hit the A10 :lol:
"They say that just before you die, your whole life flashes in front of you. Make sure it is worth watching."
SYN_Blackrat
Site Admin

Postby SYN_Vander » Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:30 pm

Wolfie, I bought the A-10a (non clickable one), so if you could add that to your mission I can provide ground support :). And fly something other than Hawk/F-15...
SYN_Vander
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Per » Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:40 pm

SYN_Vander wrote:Didn't the Swedes use roads as take-off/landing strips for the Viggens? Would love to fly one, but I don't expect it to be in a sale yet as it's very new?

Yes we did. That´s the reason for the "reverse thrusters". To make the landing roll out as short as possible. Many looming pine trees up ahead I would guess. :grin:
SYN_Per
Syndicate Exec

Location: Sweden, Stockholm but preferably at the cottage. In the pavillion...

PreviousNext

Return to DCS World: P51 and DCS:1944