DCS: F-5E weapons issues

A place to discuss DCS World P51 and the New DCS:1944

Moderator: SYN Exec

DCS: F-5E weapons issues

Postby SYN_Mugue » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:59 pm

Having problems launching weapons...so I went digging around the forums and found this;

Quote: "Try putting the system into DM or DG mode then take it back out and then try and release the ordnance.

There is an interrupt to the release circuitry when in DM/DG. I think in MP, the system thinks you start out in DM/DG and you need to select it again and then deselect it to re-establish the release circuitry."

Could be the answer to intermittent problem we're having with the weapons? Let's check this out the next time we fly Wolf's missions.
"Billy Pilgrim has come unstuck in time."
SYN_Mugue
Syndicate Exec

Re: DCS: F-5E weapons issues

Postby SYN_MrWolf » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:25 am

Good find. Tho where does DG and Dm stand for? I am confused. Dogfight Gun/ Dogfight Missile?
ALWAYS BE YOURSELF! UNLESS YOU CAN BE BATMAN. THEN ALWAYS BE BATMAN.
SYN_MrWolf
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Mugue » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:23 am

I was thinking he meant cycling the dog fight mode button on the stick...but maybe I didn't understand what he was saying either. :???:

EDIT: After reviewing the manual, I've come to the conclusion that he is indeed talking about the RADAR Dogfight/Resume switch on the stick.
DG(dogfight guns=aft position) and DM(dog fight missles=forward position) have priority over MSL(search=center position)

So perhaps, if it is defaulting to either dogfight mode while, trying to bomb, or in DG(dogfight with guns) when trying to launch missiles, it screws everything up and we get no weapon release/launch.

As I now understand it :wink: , the proposed answer to this problem is cycling the RADAR Dogfight/Resume Search switch to make sure it's in the correct mode for the situation.

We should test this. :ugeek:
"Billy Pilgrim has come unstuck in time."
SYN_Mugue
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Vander » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:08 pm

Thanks!
SYN_Vander
Syndicate Exec

Return to DCS World: P51 and DCS:1944