DCS Visibility problems

A place to discuss DCS World P51 and the New DCS:1944

Moderator: SYN Exec

DCS Visibility problems

Postby SYN_MrWolf » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:37 am

I guess this is a bigger problem. I am posting this, since Vander had some difficulty seeing bogeys yerstday. This movie shows higher resolution monitors are terrible for plane spotting...at least in DCS. I wonder if Il2 has the same problem.

Apparently the whole dot system is designed for 1080 p monitors.

ALWAYS BE YOURSELF! UNLESS YOU CAN BE BATMAN. THEN ALWAYS BE BATMAN.
SYN_MrWolf
Syndicate Exec

Re: DCS Visibility problems

Postby SYN_Mugue » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:48 am

I'm not surprised. Even so, I'm not giving up my high res monitor. After all, it's not getting shot down that's the problem, it's how cool it looks when you get shot down that's the issue! Yea you could get a 720p screen and kill us all....But frankly I think the living will envy the dead. :razz:

Would be nice to have a fix tho. :roll:
"Billy Pilgrim has come unstuck in time."
SYN_Mugue
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_MrWolf » Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:09 pm

I agree...

Tho I remember we flew a while back in sabres and I just couldn't see anyone...it really made me question myself.

Yesterday as well..i almost fly completely on radar untill we get to arms length. Which is a shame. As long as we are flying on our own server..a good label mod is an option.
ALWAYS BE YOURSELF! UNLESS YOU CAN BE BATMAN. THEN ALWAYS BE BATMAN.
SYN_MrWolf
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Vander » Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:10 pm

Yes, IL2 has the same problem Wolfie. Nothing a good dot system can't fix though... Although it would be nice to have an option where the moving aircraft have more contrast in relation to the background. In real life it's way easier to spot moving stuff than on a monitor.
SYN_Vander
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Blackrat » Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:52 pm

Actually in real life its bloody hard too, lots of times approaching to land its hard to spot an aircaft in the circuit and you know where it is....
"They say that just before you die, your whole life flashes in front of you. Make sure it is worth watching."
SYN_Blackrat
Site Admin

Postby SYN_Vander » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:03 pm

Sure, but with our desktop monitors we have to use a field of view that basically makes everything a lot smaller than in real life, so it's already hard to detect to begin with.
SYN_Vander
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Blackrat » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:16 pm

SYN_Vander wrote:Sure, but with our desktop monitors we have to use a field of view that basically makes everything a lot smaller than in real life, so it's already hard to detect to begin with.

Its easier because there is a dot, white plane on white cloud is hard, try looking for gliders :grin:
"They say that just before you die, your whole life flashes in front of you. Make sure it is worth watching."
SYN_Blackrat
Site Admin

Return to DCS World: P51 and DCS:1944