Welcome DCS World

A place to discuss DCS World P51 and the New DCS:1944

Moderator: SYN Exec

Re: Welcome

Postby SYN_Vander » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:09 am

I'll be sitting on the fence for now :). I love the amount of detail in DCS and the P-51 is fantastic, but I have to see more stuff before I'm committed. Will the scope be interesting enough? (something that is also true for BoS, I hope we will not get stuck in the snow for too long!) How will the scenery look like? I'm not too impressed with the current landscape. Last but not least: Will I commit myself to an ultra-realistic "systems management" simulator? :) But it will be great to have a little competition!
SYN_Vander
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Jedders » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:26 am

There is no doubt that DCS have it in the Simulation dept. Its difficult to picture how good the game will "feel" given that I have only flown the P51 in a modern map setting. The combat will be peerless if they keep to the same crtieria as DCS.

I will believe it when I see it, mind you :)
SYN_Jedders
Site Admin

Postby SYN_Jedders » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:27 am

Oh, 5th Sept is supposed to be a significant info release day for the new team....a working EGDE engine and game map. Will be interesting to see how it pans out.
SYN_Jedders
Site Admin

Postby SYN_Bandy » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:07 am

Spending that amount of time bent over a manual just to start your engine is too much like going to work.
I can appreciate the attention to detail, and why some people get into it, but study sims are not my thing.

Do enjoy if it comes to pass. I may try the free to play, just to see what I'm missing... :grin:
Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

Re: Welcome DCS World

Postby SYN_Mugue » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:46 am

"Spending that amount of time bent over a manual just to start your engine is too much like going to work."

I don't think it will be too hard for you Bandy, it's not THAT many switches to make the P-51 go :roll: , not like the A-10c. That said, it ain't WW1, but if you want to go 300mph you got to pay the price, or take the air start. :razz:
"Billy Pilgrim has come unstuck in time."
SYN_Mugue
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Ricky » Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:00 pm

I'll also believe it when I'll see it. Will probably commit if it turns out to be a good project, but I won't put any money beforehand on this one.

With BOS on the eastern front and developping further, a modded CloD for Bob and this one for late-war ETO, it could be WWII sim heaven again in a couple of years :mrgreen:
SYN_Ricky
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_MrWolf » Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:37 pm

I think it's a bit exaggerated. If you follow the ingame tutorial of the p51..you can take it up in less then an hour. And after that..you can learn more and more about the engine management.

Probably A10 will be a bit more to learn. Tho for taking off, I heards it's quite manageable.

If the devs of Dcs themselves work on a WWII sim..I wouldn't mind pre-ordering before release. Untill now the P51 sim is the only sim which feels, fast, and technicaly realistic. The feeling of flight is supberb. Rise of fight also captures that feeling, tho misses the feel of being surrounded by working buttons and handles.

If they improve the Dcs world, make collisions with trees work ..and bring WWII content I happily will give them a fair amount of my money.
ALWAYS BE YOURSELF! UNLESS YOU CAN BE BATMAN. THEN ALWAYS BE BATMAN.
SYN_MrWolf
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Haashashin » Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:54 pm

Im with Bandy here, study sims arent my thing but...if they give me a B-17, I will learn to fly that baby. I guess it will take more than 1 hour wolfie :lol:
SYN_Haashashin
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Bandy » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:00 pm

1 hour to taxi/take-off, hmmm, sometimes that is as much time as I've got to squeeze in anything game related.

Wolfie, I could double up 10 tank missions in that time!!! :lol:
Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Mugue » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:49 pm

Lets be fair. It might take 1 hour to learn, but it only takes 1 minute to start the plane. So it isn't as big a deal as all that^. :wink: Though I'm sure you'll do what you want in the end. :smile: Not doing the hard sell here.
"Billy Pilgrim has come unstuck in time."
SYN_Mugue
Syndicate Exec

PreviousNext

Return to DCS World: P51 and DCS:1944