Welcome DCS World

A place to discuss DCS World P51 and the New DCS:1944

Moderator: SYN Exec

Re: Welcome DCS World

Postby SYN_Bandy » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:41 pm

While we're picking on people's avatars, I can't help but feel slightly ill-at-ease as I read your post Mugue, and have the fucking cat looking at me with condescension...

:lol:
Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Mugue » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:44 pm

He just thinks you're number 1! :grin:
"Billy Pilgrim has come unstuck in time."
SYN_Mugue
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Haashashin » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:37 pm

Not to be the bad guy here...just saw the kickstarter campaing for DCS WWII.

First image I saw let say is was "poor" to be kind and polite :lol: . only good think aboutthat image...my loved B-17 but still "poorly" designed.

Also was surprised by the goals, 100000 to get initial proyect ready..its me or that is very low?? I thought that they had something to show but all they show is P-51 and the german plane they allready have. Weird. I guess they will reach first goal easily.

About backing this...I have my doubts when I knew Ilya was going to be on it, but boy, seen Oleg Maddox at that fireplace, kinda "hilarious" again to be polite if you ask me. There is the guy that "broke" the il2 franchise with his lastest realeas asking me to give him money??? sorry but thanks but NO thanks.

Also will have to wait untill they get 1M for my B-17 flyable so Im out for sure.

Resume: To me a very poor kickstarter campaing, last one I actually follow it was Star Citizen, Bandy I will answer you tomorrow for sure ;), and we all know how that was presented from the beggining.

Just my 2cent

Edit: this is it...a response from Luthier about the size of the map:

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatnot View Post
2nd Q: someone asked about the map size but I couldn't find a response. Can you shed some light on it?

Normandy is about 100x160km.

Anyone ready for a massive furball??
SYN_Haashashin
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Vander » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:16 pm

100x160km????

Are they serious? Normandy doesn't fit in that space!

I agree that the video is not going to help them! But the kickstarter site doesn't look too bad. It seems they have thought thinks over.

Still $40,- for all planes seems reasonable?
SYN_Vander
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Haashashin » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:28 pm

The price is reasonable I think, still I think the campaing is "poor".

As I said before I will buy a B-17 no doubt about it but DCS has never been my thing so...no B-17= no go for me.

About the map: Its an answer from Luthier I promess :lol: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=109847&page=103 (look for Luthier big post)
SYN_Haashashin
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Ricky » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:58 am

Mmmm, normandy map for FW-190Ds and Bf-109Ks ??? :|
Bit of a shame to have high fidelity and historically modeled planes and to have them fly in an unhistorical scenario IMHO...
I understand Luthier wants to re-use the data gathered for the CloD map, but still...meh

And it's dependent on the EDGE engine that DCS players have been waiting for four years already along with ONE new map... :|
SYN_Ricky
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_Jedders » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:47 am

Mind you, Oleg on a leather chair next to a roaring fire reminicent of "Strange uncle Bob" with the old "Come sit on my knee, little girl" does creep me out a bit....I dont think I will ever get over Uncle Bob...to this day I break out in a cold sweat watching Storytime on kids TV......help me......heeeeeeelp.....meeeeeeeee.

Now...on another note...how long do you think it will be until someone edits the subtitles on Olegs vid not unlike the "Downfall" Hitler thing....waiting in anticipation :)
SYN_Jedders
Site Admin

Postby SYN_Ricky » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:53 am

SYN_Jedders wrote:Mind you, Oleg on a leather chair next to a roaring fire reminicent of "Strange uncle Bob" with the old "Come sit on my knee, little girl" does creep me out a bit....I dont think I will ever get over Uncle Bob...to this day I break out in a cold sweat watching Storytime on kids TV......help me......heeeeeeelp.....meeeeeeeee.

Now...on another note...how long do you think it will be until someone edits the subtitles on Olegs vid not unlike the "Downfall" Hitler thing....waiting in anticipation :)

:grin: Oleg by the fireplace is calling for at least some nice internet-meme stuff :mrgreen:
SYN_Ricky
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_Vander » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:57 am

DO IT! :lol:

Oleg_Talks.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SYN_Vander
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Jedders » Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:18 am

You see....you dig a bit into this and suddenly it starts not to add up...

Here is the image on the kickstarter page of the new engine..

It seems like it has 2 images overlapped....the bit on the right is the engine shot pasted over...

SYN_Jedders
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to DCS World: P51 and DCS:1944