Welcome DCS World

A place to discuss DCS World P51 and the New DCS:1944

Moderator: SYN Exec

Re: Welcome DCS World

Postby SYN_Kollwitz » Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:23 am

too easy :cool:

... but he has done a lot for CFS, and I won't deny that ...
SYN_Kollwitz
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Bandy » Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:04 pm

I think that's the sea-side country club (with golf course) the CloD devs purchased with the development money...

SYN_Jedders wrote:You see....you dig a bit into this and suddenly it starts not to add up...
Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Ricky » Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:18 pm

SYN_Kollwitz wrote:too easy :cool:

... but he has done a lot for CFS, and I won't deny that ...

:mrgreen:
SYN_Ricky
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_Vander » Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:39 pm

Oleg_Cold.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SYN_Vander
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_MrWolf » Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:56 pm

Come on.. DCS is a fucking great base to work with. Any one who did not try Dcs yet...shame on you. So imo their first choise of engine is a great one.

Maybe Clod didn't work out ..the main reason of that was..trying to make their own engine. So again, their choise of DCS..a good one.

Two years ago when I said something was fishy about the Clod trailers, some of you wanted to kill me. Not only Bliss :) We don't know what happened in the development. I think Oleg still has his Flight sim heart on the right place.

Many of us paid almost 80 euros for Battle of Stalingrad. Come on..I know we will have some fun with that..but it's a scam as well. They are selling us something we already partly paid for( Rof Engine ). But I am not complaining..the more WWI or WWII sims..the better. In other words, we don't have to luxury to be critical about sims nowadays. Wot is also a good example of that :)

( did i just kill the fun with a serious reply???)
And try the P51 in DCS..wouldn't it be sweet if we can do WWII missions with that level of detail in simulation???
ALWAYS BE YOURSELF! UNLESS YOU CAN BE BATMAN. THEN ALWAYS BE BATMAN.
SYN_MrWolf
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Vander » Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:02 pm

Relax Wolfie...I'll probably pledge the 40$ package. The planes look great :)

It's just that the sudden reincarnation of Oleg in front of a fireplace is just too funny for words! (so we need the pictures ;) )
SYN_Vander
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Ricky » Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:33 pm

I honestly really hope this is gonna work.

Of course having a combat flight sim with the level of detail of the P-51 (which I don't own) would be awesome.

I might put some money in when I'll see the first WIP stuff, for now we just have screens of the existing P-51 and FW-190D done by ED and some bit of terrain...

My main concern is that the EDGE engine has been in development for quite some time now and not much has been seen yet...

My second(ary) gripe is the fact that the chosen planeset doesn't match with the map.

The Oleg picture in front of the fireplace just called for some fun, I personally don't know who or what is to blame behind CloD failure and I don't want to point a finger at Oleg or Luthier.
But still I'm now a bit more suspicious about the latter's big speech and big goals announcement.

Still with CloD I think they proved they have the people to make great plane and cockpit models and some complex system simulation, and not having to create the engine will leave the full time to concentrate on the rest :)
Last edited by SYN_Ricky on Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SYN_Ricky
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_Jedders » Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:39 pm

I think what this proves, Wolfie is that in the absence of FACTS we will continue to fill in the blanks with our imagination. Some fill the blanks in with lovely flowery wonderfullness and others with Black Black doom?!!?.

I dont need to imagine what Im getting with BoS...I can see it...hence money goes to em....

When DCS:1944 show me some FACTS then i will make a decision...dont gimme paintshopped images that arent even in the game engine and Oleg lounging on a fake leather chair and expect my wallet to magically open...it wont...

Once bitten twice shy etc......

DCS is a great start :)
SYN_Jedders
Site Admin

Postby SYN_Bandy » Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:48 pm

Never feel you need to defend your position, or apologize for being serious on a topic. We should indeed be careful about biasing other squad members' opinions on something that may ultimately be quite good.

That said I have stated my position on DCS, both humorously and more seriously. It is what it is. I may be missing out, but that is ultimately up to me.

I think Jed is saying, in not so cliched terms, Burn me once, shame on you, burn me twice..., well you all know the rest...
Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Blackrat » Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:01 pm

SYN_Bandy wrote:I think that's the sea-side country club (with golf course) the CloD devs purchased with the development money...

SYN_Jedders wrote:You see....you dig a bit into this and suddenly it starts not to add up...

....and bringing it back on to its jovial topic, deffo a golf course i can see the bunkers :grin:

I need to read a bit more before I pay anything TBH, I hope it does come to fruition....
"They say that just before you die, your whole life flashes in front of you. Make sure it is worth watching."
SYN_Blackrat
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to DCS World: P51 and DCS:1944