SAG "Poker Night"

Discussion/workshop for BOS ME/FMB

Moderator: SYN Exec

SAG "Poker Night"

Postby SYN_Jedders » Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:09 am

SAG has come up with an initiative for Saturday evenings on the BoS server:

POKER NIGHT is aimed at team based co-operative play on one night a week from 10pm GMT. Running thro the night to give the later time zones some love. We could also run it earlier in the week to suit some EU times.

It would be nice to help get this event off the ground with a new map.

Details for the map/mission to follow from the man himself.
SYN_Jedders
Site Admin

Re: SAG "Poker Night"

Postby Sag » Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:30 am

Hey guys, thanks for the kind response to the initiative!!

just to give proper credits, the idea of Poker Nights is not my own, its 663rd_Clutchs idea and we are making the briefings/ missions together, the video i posted on BoS forums (And Youtube) is a little something i put together in order to draw attention to our event.

the time of the event: 10PM GMT(+0.00) saturdays is the most convenient time of day that we could think of considering we plan on flying with people from US West to Australia!! (but input on the most adequate time for the event is more than welcome)

ill have a chat with Clutch on the details/requirements once he becomes available and post our drawn conclutions here.

Thanks again for the warm welcome to our idea!!

S!

SAG
Sag

Postby Sag » Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:07 am

Hello Again SYNDICATE.

so i spoke with clutch and we have determined what we will need to ask of you guys for The first "offcial" POKER NIGHT event (if you are willing to of course).

for now we are just starting to grab enough pilots who are willing to play COOP sorties in an Objective oriented gameplay, and as most of us almost exlusively fly russian planes, the first POKER NIGHT will only be organized for the russian side. So, for this we ask that anyone who is willing to jump in and get a team on comms for the german side, that would be of grteat help and improve the overall feel of the night. this is not of course essential but it would help the FUN factor a lot.

regarding the server itself we only need to ask that the mission that will be on rotation on Saturday at 10pm GMT(+0.00) is the one where the trucks resupply Pitomnik and the HE-111 resupply Marinovka. also the mission should sart at that same time (so that when we get all people on comms and organized i doesnt happen that the server has only like 30 minutes until reset).

we want to let you know that the support given to us by SYN and expressed through Jedders' repplies is greatly appreciated and welcome, Thanks a lot for that!

we have a brifieng for the russian side ONLY at the moment, but when we get a group together that wants to fly german, we will have their input and make briefings for their side as well.

briefings and RECON pictures will be E-mailed to the participants,

just so you guys know, we will fly 2 Different flights that have one flight commander each and these two commanders will be able to speak to each other but not to the other commander's... subordinates? via TS3 Whisper function.

(The following text only addresses future plans, not next saturday)

We have future plans for Poker nights involving a specific mission made for it (for now we are just Brainstorming around missions and features you guys have already implemented in the past) so that whenever (if ever) you guys decide that POKER NIGHTS is worth your time and want to help us make missions for it, it is not hard for either of us. I say this because neither clutch or i are familiar with the mission builder or have the know how to create our own missions from scratch (or the know how to modify them), i want to say that i am looking forward to the release of the FMB so that i can start getting to know it, and stop asking too much of you guys in the matter of mission creation.

i have high hopes for this Poker Nights And the future of SYN server, again we say thank you for your support.

S!

PS: if you guys want the mission briefing sent to you, just let me know.

If you want to listen what Type of mission we want created [for now this all would depend on SYN making it for us since we dont have the FMB yet (we completely understand if is too mcuh to ask for so no worries there)] just send me an E-mail.

I dont know if posting my E-mail here is against Forum regulations so i apologize.

i would love to get on comms with you guys (and im sure Clutch would be too) to discuss the matter. so just tell me when and where! :grin:

juansebastianaramburo@gmail.com
Sag

Postby SYN_Per » Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:31 am

Did I mention the donation button? :lol:
SYN_Per
Syndicate Exec

Location: Sweden, Stockholm but preferably at the cottage. In the pavillion...

Postby SYN_Jedders » Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:32 pm

Just thinking, the mission for this would be Haash`s original mission with the `pocket` to supply with He111`s.

Maybe extend the airbases further apart for the Saturday thing.

Any chance you could get me a final version of the original one for the rotation midweek and a slightly diff one for this Saturday event, Haash?...cheers.
SYN_Jedders
Site Admin

Postby SYN_Haashashin » Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:20 pm

The Airbridge mission is ready. Im gonna test something with this one and another thing with the other one in rotation right now. Also there are anther 2 missions in the works....Im been lazy lately :lol: :lol: Will send the new versions tomorrow.

I will try to get a version for this tomorrow.
SYN_Haashashin
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Jedders » Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:10 pm

Coolio, Haash!
SYN_Jedders
Site Admin

Postby Sag » Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:44 pm

well Tonight is the night, lets hope it all goes well and that everything goes smoothly.

thanks again for all the support! :D
Sag

Postby SYN_Per » Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:20 pm

Hope you have a great time!
SYN_Per
Syndicate Exec

Location: Sweden, Stockholm but preferably at the cottage. In the pavillion...

Postby SYN_Jedders » Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:12 pm

Sorry for the crappy restarts...my bad!

Hope it all went well....we will have it automated for next week!
SYN_Jedders
Site Admin

Next

Return to IL2 Sturmovik: BOS Mission editor