New vids/screens

A place to discuss Star Citizen

Moderator: SYN Exec

Re: New vids/screens

Postby SYN_Bandy » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:08 am

SYN_Requiem wrote:... I have noticed that the funding goals have started becoming 2 million apart instead of 1 million, so either they are at the final end of their main development ideas for release or they are milking it a bit more.

Of course they're milking it! :lol: BUT, fact is, they have always stated that 23 mil was their ultimate goal from the beginning, so they are at the final end. They also put up a poll asking whether they should extend the development drive past 23 mil, and majority of the mindless said yes.

SYN_Requiem wrote:I still have my little Aurora MR from the KS and probably won't buy what I want before release because I'd like to earn it in-game (Hornet)...

Noble, very noble. I look at it this way though, I know eventually somebody is going to hand me my ass and steal my ship (at least once :grin: ); I don't want to start off at the very bottom over and over again. Though, as I think about it, if one is monetarily successful in-game you could maintain a couple of ships and thus avoid starting from scratch with an Aurora that way. I personally don't see starting off with a Freelancer as being much of an advantage anyways, and besides, I wanted a turret for my son to man (though I think now he is too young for the game).

SYN_Requiem wrote:...but if I get my wife into SC (as long as she can customise her character she will) then I'll need a two seater or get cracking on teaching her to fly some more.
Your wife is a gamer? Does she game???
Naw, don't teach her to fly, I've got that spare turret, she can fly in my ship :cool:

EDIT: Yes, the plan is to be able to customize the look of your character, female or male, or??? We just don't know how much, but imagine it will be sufficient for her purposes. Show her this video, linked earlier. It explains Chris Robert's vision of the game, how the character will be personalized, and how death will be handled...
Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Requiem » Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:33 pm

SYN_Bandy wrote:
SYN_Requiem wrote:I still have my little Aurora MR from the KS and probably won't buy what I want before release because I'd like to earn it in-game (Hornet)...

Noble, very noble. I look at it this way though, I know eventually somebody is going to hand me my ass and steal my ship (at least once :grin: ); I don't want to start off at the very bottom over and over again. Though, as I think about it, if one is monetarily successful in-game you could maintain a couple of ships and thus avoid starting from scratch with an Aurora that way. I personally don't see starting off with a Freelancer as being much of an advantage anyways, and besides, I wanted a turret for my son to man (though I think now he is too young for the game).

Well, with insurance it won't matter if the ship gets stolen ;)

SYN_Bandy wrote:
SYN_Requiem wrote:...but if I get my wife into SC (as long as she can customise her character she will) then I'll need a two seater or get cracking on teaching her to fly some more.
Your wife is a gamer? Does she game???
Naw, don't teach her to fly, I've got that spare turret, she can fly in my ship :cool:

Yeah she is a gamer Bandy, which is basically how we met with her moving out to Australia and then me discharging and moving to the USA. We haven't had a decent game to play together for a while, but we have done stints in SW: The old republic, Guildwars 2, and the like but nothing has really stuck. Lately I've had her flying around in Rise of Flight and she wants me to make a video of her progress. It's quite a laughfest though for both of us when she starts buzzing around, but she would almost rather watch replays of her flopping around in the sky than actually spend time flying :lol: She never wants me to help her though, wants to figure it out herself which is kinda frustrating when I'm watching over the shoulder :geek: I think she might find BoS easier because the aircraft should be less sensitive on the controls so to speak.

On the space side of things we have been watching the Battlestar Galactica series and really enjoying it. I also keep her up to date on some of the SC stuff like that character creation video, but I know SC is a looooong way off so while I'm not pushing it much it is on her radar at least... For her, character customisation options come first before anything else in a game. Understandably, she dislikes playing any game where she is unable to make the character feel like her own. For example, it really took some convincing to get her to play the Walking Dead, but she ended up liking it. I tell her all the time: "I want to help you broaden your gaming horizons" when I get her to try a game :smile:

I just count myself lucky to have someone I can do this sort of stuff with instead of getting in trouble for it!
SYN_Requiem

Postby SYN_Bandy » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:14 pm

Not sure she would be interested, but if it is true, there may be limited alpha and beta slots. Saw that mentioned in this thread:
https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/65207/as-of-this-moment-star-citizen-is-exactly-99-of-the-way-to-being-a-completely-crowdfunded-project#latest

So guys, I wouldn't wait too long if you are thinking of making the jump to light speed with the rest of us! :cool:

And it seems we are quite close to the end of the pledge period, at least as originally envisioned, almost 23 mil now. I only hope they are smart with the money, wisely investing what they can't use now, and generating interest to pay salary for this bloody hype machine they've created. Then again, maybe that's what they needed to do to get where they are, and where they plan to go.

Who am I to say, I'm unemployed. :lol:
Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Bandy » Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:29 am

Around the 4-5 min mark, discussion of procedural planetary system generation mixed with hand-crafted -- best of both "worlds" ??? :grin:

Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Rumey » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:05 pm

Yes liked this as well.
SYN_Rumey

Postby SYN_Bandy » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:12 am

There are a whole raft of new videos as things are shaping up, some more conjectural, others quite solid with behind-the-scenes interviews. All appear to be worthy of quick look. SC is visually stunning.

This one is quite well researched and executed, but skip the intro part as prompted...

And Vander linked this in the other Freelancer thread...
Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Requiem » Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:20 pm

Can't believe no one has posted this yet, unless I've missed it...

SYN_Requiem

Postby SYN_Bandy » Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:53 pm

Looks pretty rough, but we really shouldn't expect too much more at this stage. Have to applaud the transparency of their development process though.

Wonder what the demo system specs were. They were driving quite a few monitors, so no wonder they had to turn V-sync off. He was also jumping from 1st to 3rd person an awful lot, likely to keep situational awareness in the asteroid field. :???:
Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Makeudead » Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:03 am

First attempt at a Star Citizen recording, still have to mess with the in game graphics to get it right,but heres my 325A,in my dark and dingy hangar.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xaHP8yS6Yo
"Oderint Dun Metuant"
SYN_Makeudead

Postby SYN_DerHesse70 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:12 am

SYN_Bandy wrote:He was also jumping from 1st to 3rd person an awful lot, likely to keep situational awareness in the asteroid field. :???:

That's because he didn't have any head tracking support in that event. The game still supports only oculus rift. TrackIR is comming later in the DFM.

But i saw a dev (Ben Lesnick) on one of the PC's in front of the audience which used coolie hat for looking around.
"Es ist noch kein Meister vom Himmel gefallen!"
SYN_DerHesse70
Syndicate Squadron pilot

PreviousNext

Return to Star Citizen