Anyone here?

A place to discuss Star Citizen

Moderator: SYN Exec

Re: Anyone here?

Postby SYN_Bandy » Sat Dec 24, 2016 7:43 pm

SYN_Vander wrote:Anyone care to try out the new version in MP? Just goofing around, see what works and what doesn't. Show off your ship etc. I will bring my Freelancer!
I will join when updated though do not think my joystick is configurable though, and would H8 to fly with keyboard. Anticipate getting a USB game controller for Christmas. Would be fun to multicrew in any case.
Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_DerHesse70 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:41 pm

Sorry Vander but i took a break till TrackIR works again. :wink:
"Es ist noch kein Meister vom Himmel gefallen!"
SYN_DerHesse70
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_Bandy » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:28 am

Since you mentioned TIR, a question that I know I can look up but will likely find old and so contradictory information.

What controllers and joysticks are compatible now? I remember there being many issues with configuration, and only one supported JS...
Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_DerHesse70 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:02 pm

Bandy i'm always using my Logitech G940 and it is supported. I don't know if there are any issues with other sticks. But i think all kinds of controllers should work! I read about people using saitek, thrustmasters, logitech, VKB, etc.
SYN_DerHesse70
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_Bandy » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:14 am

OK thanks. If other JS now supported great, but not so long ago there was only one JS that was supported and I think it was your G940 if memory serves. I researched and all others had to go through a (to me at least) painful configuration process editing XML.

Nobody seemed to be sharing their files either, but then again, JS config can be rather personal... :oops:

EDIT: a few (N=9 none for controllers I have...) config files shared here, but if you browse the topic you'll see what I mean about a painful process... https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/110454/actionmap-and-controller-mapping/p1

...When I use a joystick and other peripherals it takes a couple hours to get the configuration settings dialed in. Kind of like fine tuning an F1 car. lol At least I will have a little bit of time to think about how I want to set the mappings.
Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_DerHesse70 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:10 pm

Bandy that thread is from 2014!!

You have a ingame advanced customize menue where you can bind all functions to keys or controllers. In the beginning there where only a few preset configs for some joysticks or controllers (like the G940).

When did you try it for yourself the last time?
SYN_DerHesse70
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Previous

Return to Star Citizen