Postby SYN_Bandy » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:38 am

Finally! A reason to re-install...

:cool:
Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

Re: Freelancer now flyable!

Postby SYN_Vander » Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:07 am

So can we use multi-crew? If so, we should meet up!

Btw, cockpit looks completely different! They did a complete overhaul of the interior?
SYN_Vander
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_DerHesse70 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:47 am

Yes it's multicrew. But you are not able to join the same server so far. If you enter the PTU you will enter a server accidently. You can't choose a server with your friends so far. So you have to fly with other players.

The did a complete overhaul. But i think it looks very nice.

@Bandy:

Why did you deinstall the game? It was clear that it will take a long time to play.

But this game will change the whole game industry. At the moment it is really well made. And still in alpha. :wink: Amazing graphics, advanced physics and ship controls, FPS mode like ARMA 3 with all the moves and medic system and aiming stuff. I have great hopes in it.
"Es ist noch kein Meister vom Himmel gefallen!"
SYN_DerHesse70
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_Bandy » Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:35 am

Perhaps I should have said finally update it - an all night update by the looks of it...

Like everyone else, am just burnt out by alpha and beta purchases, but still can't stop myself from keep picking them up now-and-then. I've caught whatever disease Blackie has, and quite a few of the rest of you me thinks. :grin:

RE: Freelancer

That first video, very nice.
But should a ship be able to jump to hyper space with the door open? That was awesome in ever sense of the word.
At first I didn't like the cockpit re-make, but then thought about how much cleaner it looked compared to other ships, and remembered it is supposed to use alien technology of some sort, so it made sense it looks different. Just hope TIR will let you look around that post beside the pilot's head... :???:

Second video, wonderful!
Love the new textures, but I'm going to miss the entryway by the front landing gear. It just sort of had that Millennium Falcon feel to it for me. When the guy rotated the turret to face forward, I may have had a spontaneous ejaculation. :lol: Was that Pamela Anderson in the bunk before she went skanky?
Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Vander » Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:05 pm

Looks nice from the videos. It seems though that the ship internals are not pressurized? I see players simply open up the rear cargo door and float out. Surely, you would use a decompression chamber to get in/out of a ship????
Still, it's great that you can do EVA's, possibly board another ship? or do repairs?
SYN_Vander
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Bandy » Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:20 pm

On thinking about it, it is good you can open the cargo door in space, that way you can get larger things in and out, such as loot and booty, maybe even grab a small asteroid. Perhaps we could park a small tank in the hold and blast the gun out the open door? THAT would be a surprise move to some pirates, at least the first time. Maybe the cargo can be jettisoned easily when in jump as well to help flee an enemy chasing you? OR push proximity detonating mines out the back when being chased! Mul-ha-ha-ha... :lol:

Loving the clickable cockpit controls. I'm thinking there is going to be a tough learning curve on this one.

Seamless planetary landing! I didn't know this was possible in Star Citizen (they said it wouldn't be...), but indeed it happened over the holidays.
Maybe my 980Ti isn't going to be enough very soon...
Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_DerHesse70 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:46 pm

Did you see that bandy?:

"Es ist noch kein Meister vom Himmel gefallen!"
SYN_DerHesse70
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_Bandy » Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:25 pm

Just got a 512 GB Mushkin SSD that arrived at home today. Time to get Star Citizen installed. Might as well do it from scratch rather than try to patch old install, doubt there is anything left in the old that is still current anyways.

Oh boy, noob all over again... :roll:
Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

Return to Star Citizen