Welcome to Star Citizen

A place to discuss Star Citizen

Moderator: SYN Exec

Re: Star Citizen

Postby SYN_Vander » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:24 pm

I have the standard ship, the euh...what's it's name again? :)

RSI Aurora MR

SYN_MrWolf wrote:So what ships do we all have..

As i understand correctly..

Bandy Freelancer
MrWolf 300 I
Saintblue Constellation

please expand this list..I am very curious
SYN_Vander
Syndicate Exec

Re: Welcome to Star Citizen

Postby SYN_Requiem » Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:35 am

I have the Aurora too after backing it during the kickstarter. Looking forward to starting out at the bottom and working up to a nice ship while making my way in the big bad universe :)
SYN_Requiem

Postby SYN_Jedders » Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:43 pm

Im with Wolfie :)

The 300i with extra dilithium crystals ;)

SYN_Jedders
Site Admin

Postby SYN_Per » Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:58 pm

I'm also venturing into space with 300i! :lol:
SYN_Per
Syndicate Exec

Location: Sweden, Stockholm but preferably at the cottage. In the pavillion...

Postby SYN_Vander » Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:10 pm

Looks Cool Jed!

I also like the new pirate ship, the "Cutlass". Not that good looking from the outside, but you can fly / walk around in it with two people.
SYN_Vander
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Bandy » Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:51 pm

The Cutlass does look very nice inside, and likely has a real punch. If you are interested at all, you can 'melt' your current ship (what the community is calling the upgrade process...), credits will be given, and you shell out some more money for the better ship.

I looked at it this way, if I get ambushed and have to start all over again, I didn't want to start at the very bottom. Life time ship insurance is your friend. :grin: Also wanted a ship with a turret so my son, or other squadmates, could ride and gun with me.

BTW, I saw Chris Roberts say that ship upgrade items (better lasers, ..., etc) are set prohibitively expensive at this time in order to curb people stockpiling before the game is even out, and thus creating a black market in the sandbox on game release.
Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Saintblu » Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:13 pm

Do original backers have permanent lifetime insurance? For example when the game goes gold... And they buy another ship then, will that also have LTI?

The reason I ask is because I might buy a smaller ship to have fall back from the constellation. But I don't want to buy another ship at this moment. I was hoping I could give a member here the money to buy it and gift it to me later.
SYN_Saintblu
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_Vander » Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:02 pm

SYN_Bandy wrote:The Cutlass does look very nice inside, and likely has a real punch. If you are interested at all, you can 'melt' your current ship (what the community is calling the upgrade process...), credits will be given, and you shell out some more money for the better ship.

I looked at it this way, if I get ambushed and have to start all over again, I didn't want to start at the very bottom. Life time ship insurance is your friend. :grin: Also wanted a ship with a turret so my son, or other squadmates, could ride and gun with me.

BTW, I saw Chris Roberts say that ship upgrade items (better lasers, ..., etc) are set prohibitively expensive at this time in order to curb people stockpiling before the game is even out, and thus creating a black market in the sandbox on game release.

Ah yes, so you can upgrade, that is good to know.

Question 1: When you buy a pirate ship, does it automatically mean you have to assume the role of pirate?
Question 2: So what if you don't have lifetime insurance... you have to pay again for something you already bought when it's broke -with real money?- that's just silly!
SYN_Vander
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Bandy » Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:19 pm

No, no, and yes...

Joking.

I think an original backer (those eligible for life time insurance) can purchase and gift a ship to another account and lifetime insurance will transfer up till some date in November 2013. After that, forget it... I made a post on this topic a few weeks ago with text quote, so double check.

RE: buying a pirate ship and not being a pirate, I just don't know. Yeah, sounded silly to me as well to sell a ship that is just supposed to be for pirates. Really.

Players without lifetime insurance can still buy insurance with in-game money. Us OB's just won't have that overhead cost. If you choose not to have insurance, that is a risk you take. Your character will still be around, work up to buying a ship with in-game money by crewing with others, etc. No extra real money needs to be spent.
Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Vander » Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:09 pm

Ooooooooohhhhh it's already more complex than real life! :shock: Next, I will need a broker to do my deals and a tax consultant? :razz:

I'm very tempted to get the Cutlass just for the heck of it....and because it has a turret!
SYN_Vander
Syndicate Exec

PreviousNext

Return to Star Citizen