@Blackrat, a plea for help

A place to discuss all things racing

Moderator: SYN Exec

@Blackrat, a plea for help

Postby SYN_Mugue » Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:35 am

Blackie,
You run Project cars on a Fanatec device/s right? If it's not too much trouble, could you post your in game FFB settings for Project Cars? I've been away from this title for a while and now I'm trying to set it up again. But, I'm having one hellish time getting the FFB to feel anything close to convincing(let alone acceptable). Since I last played it they've added all kinds of obscure settings which I can't make heads nor tails of....I've tried fooling around with the settings(ie trial and ERROR :wink: ), I've looked around the web, read posts and guides etc...yet I'm still scratching my head, and getting very odd behavior from this game.

So as a last resort before I go mental and shit can this forever, I'd love to see how you set it up, so I might use that as a starting point for my own setup. If you could help that would be great. If not, no worry's. I'll happily go back to Assetto Corsa and Dirt Rally for my virtual driving fix. :smile:
"Billy Pilgrim has come unstuck in time."
SYN_Mugue
Syndicate Exec

Re: @Blackrat, a plea for help

Postby SYN_Blackrat » Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:26 am

I am using an Accuforce now, but everything you need is here

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showth ... aker-Files

Feels very good, I use number 8 I think, but you can try each, reset everything control wise back to default and use the settings here along with the FFB folder.
"They say that just before you die, your whole life flashes in front of you. Make sure it is worth watching."
SYN_Blackrat
Site Admin

Postby SYN_Mugue » Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:34 pm

Thanks, I'll see what I can make of this stuff. (Fingers crossed.) :grin:
SYN_Mugue
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Mugue » Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:29 pm

"Accuforce " Aye? (clicking sounds of googling) Oh my! That stuff looks NICE! How's it compare to the CSW base et al...(Which I was dreaming of as my upgrade path someday :roll: ) I've been driving Dirt Rally, which is SO abusive, that I'm worried I'm going to snap the wheel clean off the base of my Fanatec GT3 RS one of these days soon. Did you have any of the patented "Fanatec brand" problems with the CSW? :lol: Or was it just time for a step up? :wink:
SYN_Mugue
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Blackrat » Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:01 pm

Oh it makes the CSW seem like a toy, after a few months of use I visited a friend and used his T500 which is on a par with a CSW, it felt dead and dull.

But Direct drive wheels are the best home solution to simulated driving, not just the FFB you get but the lack of any sort of lag and ability to quickly counter steer/react. My next upgrade is a Bodnar V2 but that is twice the price and not including a steering wheel.

I had no problems at all with the CSW, I sold it to a guy on the Iracing forums, its is now 2 years old, he races far more than me and it is still going strong. Just a step up in the struggle to attain a realistic immersive experience. :grin:
"They say that just before you die, your whole life flashes in front of you. Make sure it is worth watching."
SYN_Blackrat
Site Admin

Postby SYN_Blackrat » Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:07 pm

Oh and if you find the latest auto exposure in Assetto corsa too dark or too light or just plain annoying when using HDR try this, its quite an amazing look.

http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/n ... mod.97896/
SYN_Blackrat
Site Admin

Postby SYN_Bandy » Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:28 pm

Now where is that picture of myself sitting in Blackie's chair providing a rather embarrassing display of non-prowess at virtual racing...

That said, after that experience (many thanks for the opportunity and hospitality Blackie) I now know I would never be happy with a table-top wheel. You've ruined me... :mrgreen:
Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Blackrat » Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:53 pm

Here it is

chatroom.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SYN_Blackrat
Site Admin

Postby SYN_Blackrat » Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:05 pm

Just kidding :lol: :lol:
SYN_Blackrat
Site Admin

Postby SYN_Bandy » Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:45 pm

Oh my, was that was an embarrassing moment wasn't it.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

Next

Return to Assetto corsa