Co-op!

A place to discuss Elite Dangerous

Moderator: SYN Exec

Re: Co-op!

Postby SYN_Vander » Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:42 pm

SYN_Blackrat wrote:
SYN_Per wrote:I agree. Hopefully all of this will come along in the future. I would also like ability to store cargo at one base (homebase) and to transfer money to other players. :cool:

Money transfer will never happen, it opens up the biggest exploit ever with Chinese gold farmers selling credits for cash, what an impact that will have on trading in game :???:

I agree. But of course there are other ways: Dumping cargo, attacking a pirate and letting someone else finish him off etc.
SYN_Vander
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Per » Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:32 pm

I just wanted it. I disregard the fundamental fact that people are fekkin wankers... :twisted:
SYN_Per
Syndicate Exec

Location: Sweden, Stockholm but preferably at the cottage. In the pavillion...

Postby SYN_Cygann » Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:36 pm

But I really don't care what others would do with money transfer, it would still be welcome feature to coop play.

The fact that someone will buy game money with real money don't really bother me, I am not playing to race anyone so I really don't care what other players have or do for as long as I can have fun playing it the right way. Those people just hurt themselves by skipping the fun part, the game itself.
SYN_Cygann
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_Blackrat » Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:34 pm

You should be worried about what other people do though, we are all in the same universe, not worried about people buying credits and advancing, its not a race, but those farming the credits will have a big impact, it may not be an issue, but find a good trade route and these farmers will suck it dry in hours. Seen this in Eve, bots farming gold, immersion killer or what, I hate anyone that tries to exploit the internet, probably part of my battle to keep the forum/server safe :wink:

I am really enjoying being a small speck in a large universe, but group power can change some things.
"They say that just before you die, your whole life flashes in front of you. Make sure it is worth watching."
SYN_Blackrat
Site Admin

Postby SYN_Cygann » Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:19 am

Farmers really never bothered me in any way. Only cheaters using radars, wallhacks, aimbots, etc...

Those are serious cheats that impact game play in a way to ruin a game for everyone and eventually make players move to next game. Luckily WW flight sims have much more mature player base, even though I would not bet everyone would be fair even in this genre should they have a chance to exploit something.

All I would see if farmbots appear is free targets to farm (would make me go on the smuggler/pirate side for a while for fun of farming the farmers :)).

Also like you said mate, it's not a race, important is to have fun while you play. Something old school gamer usually know how to do unlike new generation of gamer that wants a game in which you can't lose and they get best everything or they go and cry to Devs on forums for modifications until they do :)
SYN_Cygann
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_Blackrat » Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:45 am

I agree with you entirely, all I am saying is in a persistant universe we all have an effect however small, but a group in a couple of systems Farming can have a major effect in game play in that region in terms of trading.

Likewise I will just go up to Federation space and start killing them too :lol:
"They say that just before you die, your whole life flashes in front of you. Make sure it is worth watching."
SYN_Blackrat
Site Admin

Postby SYN_Cygann » Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:57 am

Does anyone know how ranks progress in this game? I mean are there known numbers?

Seems to me like it is made to be some big grind, because last month I got a lot of free time and I played a lot of Elite and yet I am still at 3rd rank in all three categories.
At that pace average player with a normal life can't count to join Dangerous - Elite groups and missions in next year or two.
SYN_Cygann
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_Vander » Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:25 am

SYN_Cygann wrote:Does anyone know how ranks progress in this game? I mean are there known numbers?

Seems to me like it is made to be some big grind, because last month I got a lot of free time and I played a lot of Elite and yet I am still at 3rd rank in all three categories.
At that pace average player with a normal life can't count to join Dangerous - Elite groups and missions in next year or two.

LOL, even for the original Elite this was the case I think. Only unemployed and retired gamers can ever hope to achieve "Elite" status! :shock:
SYN_Vander
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Blackrat » Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:35 am

I think the idea is that it does take years, never mind the stats enjoy the life :smile: I hate to think how many hours I have done, must be well over a 100, but I have spent most of that time looking around, working out ways to do things efficiently, taking in the sights enjoying the game play, I see this is a long term thing not to be finished by the Summer.
SYN_Blackrat
Site Admin

Postby SYN_Cygann » Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:34 am

Don't get me wrong, I am not in a hurry to do anything. Was just asking because I expect some tougher combat missions to pop for player that is Dangerous or above (maybe some military contracts or whatever they think of). Apart from that, don't care much for what it says.

P.S. I did manage to get to Expert rank, so I am guessing it's going to take as much combat to reach Master as all of this until now. And then everything done by then one more time for Dangerous. If I am right, I might actually make it by the time they implement those missions for Dangerous and above...
SYN_Cygann
Syndicate Squadron pilot

PreviousNext

Return to Elite: Dangerous