Co-op!

A place to discuss Elite Dangerous

Moderator: SYN Exec

Re: Co-op!

Postby SYN_Blackrat » Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:53 am

I think as you improve your standing with a faction you get better and harder missions, I am now allied with Empire and a Squire so starting to get assassination missions and pirate clean up jobs for the Empire as well as local faction jobs, nearly everyone is green to me, but the status bar on the stations is only just green at the end so a way to go yet.

Lots of mechanics FD are keeping to themselves for us to find out, also stop people exploiting them I guess.

One more upgrade for my Cobra and its all A modules :grin:
"They say that just before you die, your whole life flashes in front of you. Make sure it is worth watching."
SYN_Blackrat
Site Admin

Postby SYN_Per » Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:21 pm

Sweet Blackie!
I'm still just an outsider with the empire, but I'll get there. Thinking about setting up shop somewhere else than Phra Saman though. It's the longest flight to base... Especially when your hold is full of rare items.
SYN_Per
Syndicate Exec

Location: Sweden, Stockholm but preferably at the cottage. In the pavillion...

Postby SYN_Cygann » Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:23 pm

SYN_Blackrat wrote:I think as you improve your standing with a faction you get better and harder missions,

I really hope so, because apart from hunt on some X terrorist/general/whatever for 150+k credits, there are no other missions that provide even the slightest challenge. Now some will say that human players are there to do that, but MP is rather broken and unreliable at this time, plus space is big, it needs to be filled with dangerous AI to give us some kind of scare and run for our lives every now and then.

Not sure what happened since beta, but I have a feeling fights are easier, if not too easy now. Enemy don't even attack in groups but come 1 by 1 just to be slaughtered. It feels like I fly on autopilot when in combat compared to how much harder encounters felt to me in beta. I am quite sure they made it easier, just don't understand why since it kind of kills the paranoia part when you are far from friendly faction space.
SYN_Cygann
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_Blackrat » Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:40 pm

I hear ya mate, just did an Empire Navy hunt the pirate mission, apart from taking ages to find any pirates in the USS's, when I did, the fights were very one sided even two on one.

I think they did tone things down, not sure if you follow the forums or not but its turned it quite a mess over there lol.

I am struggling to kill pirates before they frame shift out sometimes, mind you I have come across a few big bad NPCs who just get me to no shields and hull damage on the first pass.
"They say that just before you die, your whole life flashes in front of you. Make sure it is worth watching."
SYN_Blackrat
Site Admin

Postby SYN_Vander » Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:41 pm

Indeed,

Bounty hunting is now my primary method of making money. It's easy but still fun. I'd like to do more missions, but they seem to offer very little reward for what you have to do.
I understand that it may change when your reputation is better. So I tried to do a mission where I had to kill X pirates in system Y for the Empire. I arrived at the system and killed a few pirates. Then I encountered a ship that made a counter offer: kill of Z authority vessels for faction so-and-so and you will get more money. My mission was now updated, with the new description and faction, but I never accepted the offer!?! Since I didn't want to change sides I abandoned the mission. Then in my status it said I failed my original mission for the Empire! So now I damaged my reputation for the Empire instead of improving it. How was I to act??? :shock:
SYN_Vander
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Blackrat » Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:43 am

Was that recently Vander?

I have never had this offer when doing the Naval empire pirate missions, only when doing faction pirate bounty missions, before 1.05 I think this was a bug they have now fixed, I was halfway through and it reset the counter to zero I also abandoned it, yesterday I had one same circs but this time two opportunities to complete the mission.

I am now a Knight of the Empire :lol:
SYN_Blackrat
Site Admin

Postby SYN_DerHesse70 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:44 pm

Are you going for an Imperial Clipper Blackrat (because of the ranks)? :mrgreen:
"Es ist noch kein Meister vom Himmel gefallen!"
SYN_DerHesse70
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_Blackrat » Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:52 pm

SYN_DerHesse70 wrote:Are you going for an Imperial Clipper Blackrat (because of the ranks)? :mrgreen:

Oh I think I may well do that :cool: great looking ship too. need to earn some more credits though first, down to my last 1.5 mill ATM. :lol:
SYN_Blackrat
Site Admin

Postby SYN_DerHesse70 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:48 pm

I love the Clipper too.... but 22 million! :eek: Puuh!
"Es ist noch kein Meister vom Himmel gefallen!"
SYN_DerHesse70
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_Vander » Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:36 pm

SYN_Blackrat wrote:Was that recently Vander?

I have never had this offer when doing the Naval empire pirate missions, only when doing faction pirate bounty missions, before 1.05 I think this was a bug they have now fixed, I was halfway through and it reset the counter to zero I also abandoned it, yesterday I had one same circs but this time two opportunities to complete the mission.

I am now a Knight of the Empire :lol:

Yeah, couple of days ago. Still struggling with these missions, but at least they pose some sort of challenge :). Trying to get hold of personal weapons. I think they can be found in Dictator system, but will they been regarded as illegal when I get back home????
SYN_Vander
Syndicate Exec

PreviousNext

Return to Elite: Dangerous