Co-op!

A place to discuss Elite Dangerous

Moderator: SYN Exec

Re: Co-op!

Postby SYN_Blackrat » Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:30 pm

They may well be illegal, part of the dedication, I think I only got one of those and the next was assassination missions, so you need to avoid being scanned, line up with the docking port 7.5km out, request docking and fly full tilt and dock as fast as you can, full pips to the system in case you hit the entrance. I found I had plenty of time, a scan takes a while, if you do as soon as you get inside up or down to break the scan which is line of sight.

I always try to break a scan regardless just for practice, even my T6 can boost out of a scan exiting the station.
"They say that just before you die, your whole life flashes in front of you. Make sure it is worth watching."
SYN_Blackrat
Site Admin

Postby SYN_Bandy » Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:26 pm

SYN_Blackrat wrote:... even my T6 can boost out of a scan exiting the station.

Sure, boyko, but can you do the Kessel Run in less than 12 parsecs?
Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Cygann » Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:20 am

SYN_Vander wrote:Indeed,

Bounty hunting is now my primary method of making money. It's easy but still fun. I'd like to do more missions, but they seem to offer very little reward for what you have to do.
I understand that it may change when your reputation is better. So I tried to do a mission where I had to kill X pirates in system Y for the Empire. I arrived at the system and killed a few pirates. Then I encountered a ship that made a counter offer: kill of Z authority vessels for faction so-and-so and you will get more money. My mission was now updated, with the new description and faction, but I never accepted the offer!?! Since I didn't want to change sides I abandoned the mission. Then in my status it said I failed my original mission for the Empire! So now I damaged my reputation for the Empire instead of improving it. How was I to act??? :shock:

You got it wrong from get go mate, so let me explain. If it will not be clear, you can always ask on TS, I am every day on the bottom of TS in Elite channel (you may miss that since it require scrolling :)).

Back on topic, when you get a mission, and then you jump into USS encounters, you will often get a counter offer, for either more money or less money but no work. Those offers are from opposite factions.

Now when that happen, you do not need to abandon mission, your original mission still stands! That is only alternate way of completing them but you can proceed as you originally intended and ignore mission update.

The only thing is this annoying bug where it resets kill counter. For example if you had a mission to kill 7 pirates, and you got to 5// already, then you get that mission update to destroy 4 authority ships, your progress of 5 gets reset to 0, it's a bug. But you can continue killing pirates and counter will again go and once you reach 7 you will complete original mission and reward will be where it originated (i mean station where you took mission).

I hope I was clear, bottom line, just do your mission as you started and ignore mission update, do not abandon! You might have to kill a few more then you planed on due to the bug I mentioned but that is about it, you're reputation is safe.
SYN_Cygann
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_Vander » Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:35 am

Ah well, good to know. The weird thing is that your original mission is not visible anymore so that is very confusing. I still say it's a bug, but at least now I know how to proceed.
SYN_Vander
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Vander » Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:45 pm

So I delivered the personal weapons. I used silent mode when entering the starport. Not sure if it worked, but at least I wasn't scanned. Second mission was to deliver medical supplies and again I got a counter offer from another party which I ignored and indeed I was able to complete the first mission.
Another mission wants me to take out a couple of bounty hunters in a particular system. I'm a bit confused here; bounty hunters don't have to be "wanted", so won't I get a price on my head if I shoot them down???
SYN_Vander
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Blackrat » Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:52 pm

You answered your own question, personally I have left those emissions alone until I understand a bit more, of course you could try and get them to shoot at you first by deploying hard points and scanning.
"They say that just before you die, your whole life flashes in front of you. Make sure it is worth watching."
SYN_Blackrat
Site Admin

Postby SYN_Cygann » Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:53 pm

You will, not every mission is lawful :)

Thing is, sometimes some station representative might want you to do some sneaky stuff that is illegal and off the books that will put you in good grace with him, but can put you on bad rep with master faction if you get caught.

I think, as long as mission reward is more then a fine, you're ok. You can do mission, get reputation and pay the fine before it turns into bounty. But if mission does not pay good, maybe it's safer way to do some that don't pay at all but are legal, you still lose money but at least you gain rep locally and globally.
SYN_Cygann
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_Cygann » Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:56 pm

It is actually funny how people complain a lot on lack of content in this game, but you can really find some interesting stuff to do and enjoy the game even I also agree this game is far from finished feature wise...
SYN_Cygann
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_MrWolf » Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:02 pm

I guess they want us to choose a faction. So a more interesting PvP player evolves naturally. Tho the incentive to do so isn't there yet..for me at least.

@Cygann Well I understand the complaint. There is a pretty interesting basic engine. For a large part the living universe is found in the news bulletin and mission descriptions. I think the docking in the stations is very nice..tho I just don't feel the same when I am flying past suns and planets
ALWAYS BE YOURSELF! UNLESS YOU CAN BE BATMAN. THEN ALWAYS BE BATMAN.
SYN_MrWolf
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Cygann » Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:16 pm

Don't get me wrong, I am not defending E:D form critique, just saying game has enough to offer to get you going provided you're not one of those guys that can play all day long.

And while we try out most of the stuff and slowly progress to have better equipment and ships, I hope they will add more content, and then expansion should hit in a year.

With that said, I am happy I bought the game, just one thing is missing to enjoy it fully, proper coop support. But that has been promised so I am optimistic for now, if coop feature turns up ok, I'll forget all other shortcomings, and every product has some for sure :)
SYN_Cygann
Syndicate Squadron pilot

PreviousNext

Return to Elite: Dangerous