Your ships and outfit

A place to discuss Elite Dangerous

Moderator: SYN Exec

Your ships and outfit

Postby SYN_DerHesse70 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:07 am

What is your progress? What do you plan?

I'm still improving my Viper. All internals to max (excluding cargo). Weapons are still at maximum class with dual small beam lasers and medium cannons. Maybe i change cannons to dumbfire missiles in the future. But a cannon shot is more reliable because of counter measures and the ammo is much cheaper. Total ship value is now at 800k.

My next goal is a heavy armed python for bounty hunting.

Then i will kill all of that Empire bastards that force the slavery including blackrat the big slave dealer! :mrgreen: :wink:
"Es ist noch kein Meister vom Himmel gefallen!"
SYN_DerHesse70
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Re: Your ships and outfit

Postby SYN_Blackrat » Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:34 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You got it wrong about the slaves, check yer History about Imperial Slaves Mr. Lefty pink and fluffy do gooder :wink: slaves are prohibited in Empire, only Imperial slaves are a legal commodity and they are volunteers who sell themselves into slavery with rights and wages.

So, ships.......

Viper fully kitted to A class apart from Shield Gen at B as I cannot have enough power for an A due to my two class 2 fixed beam lasers which eat shields and hulls on anything up to a Cobra, for those really big buggers I have two dumb fire missile launchers which eat big hulls for breakfast.

Cobra now all A kitted, no idea on the total value but buy back is 278k :shock: (around 7 or 8mill?) again class 2 fixed beams, still experimenting with the class 1 mounts TBH due to the placement on the Cobra, multi canon on gimbal ATM, tried Cannon but never really did any thing, might try the gimballed class 1 laser and class 2 multi or cannon. Or even guided missiles. Dumb fires are not affected by countermeasures BTW, chaff affects gimbals and turrets whilst ECM affects missile/torpedo I believe.

My work horse is a T6 Hauler which carries 104 tonnes and has a max jump loaded of over 18 LY and a class a shield Gen with big Power plant and dist enabling constant boosting getting away from interdicters.

Allied with Empire and my local factions also at the Empire rank of Squire.

Still trying to shake off a bout of flu/cold since Before the New year so have been vegetating a lot in front of the computer.
"They say that just before you die, your whole life flashes in front of you. Make sure it is worth watching."
SYN_Blackrat
Site Admin

Postby SYN_DerHesse70 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:05 pm

Oohh! Didn't know this. I think i must read the storybook more deeply. :mrgreen:

Either way, i will kill them all! :lol: No..that's a joke. :wink: I'm only doing legal bounty hunting.

Regarding missiles. The only thing that will stop the dumbfire is the point defence turret and a good shot with the beam laser. :wink: But a fixed cannon will always hit if you are a good shot. No way to counter that.
"Es ist noch kein Meister vom Himmel gefallen!"
SYN_DerHesse70
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_Vander » Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:35 pm

Still working on my Cobra... Where do you guys get the class A weapons? I don't think I ever found one in the list, by maybe I'm wrong. I have tried several upgrades, but most of them don't seem to increase my effectiveness although they are much more expensive.
SYN_Vander
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Blackrat » Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:17 pm

High population High tech systems Vander is where you find the good stuff, all my needs have been met at Can Qing so far, as to avoiding Dumbfires, good luck with that as I like to get in close in a knife fight :wink:
"They say that just before you die, your whole life flashes in front of you. Make sure it is worth watching."
SYN_Blackrat
Site Admin

Postby SYN_Vander » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:57 am

SYN_Blackrat wrote:High population High tech systems Vander is where you find the good stuff, all my needs have been met at Can Qing so far, as to avoiding Dumbfires, good luck with that as I like to get in close in a knife fight :wink:

So I have visited Can Qing, but didn't see any more A class weapons than in another system I was previously. Do you think the weapons offered might depend on the reputation/rank? Anyway, I probably haven't enough credits to buy them anyway.

In the mean time I travelled across the galaxy to my son's starting location to help him out a bit by earning money bounty hunting. Trading with a 4-cargo rack in a Sidewinder takes forever to get some cash!
SYN_Vander
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Cygann » Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:13 am

I've had fully upgraded Cobra, but swapped for a Viper. Cobra seems slightly better but Viper makes me feel like I am in a fighter ship, and for me, that count more then slight difference that gives Cobra little upper hand.

Used same weapons as Blackrat but got bored by them, now I changed beam lasers down to C1's just to take out any shields, and use good old fashioned cannon's on C2, they do massive damage provided you know how to aim (there is gimbals version that works as good, but is less fun to use, and fun factor is most important to me in this game, much more so then power). Think I'll upgrade some sidewinder as well, if for nothing else, then for having that dancing figure in the cockpit, I miss that from beta days :).

Not interested in big ships for now, not sure if I ever will be (goes for all flight sims, I like small fighters that are agile), making me on the point where credits don't matter to me any longer apart for ammunition. I really hope they make more ships comparable to Cobra and Viper, each with different strengths and weaknesses as I really hate where there is best one and everyone and their pets use them.
SYN_Cygann
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_Bandy » Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:48 am

SYN_Blackrat wrote:...Still trying to shake off a bout of flu/cold since Before the New year so have been vegetating a lot in front of the computer.

Let me ask, do you feel better when you are in front of the computer though? I think I know the answer... :grin:
Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy, you've earned it Blackie!

So, has most of this advancement been while all of you have been playing solo in a MP universe? Vander mentioning working his son up is the first reference to team effort. Just wondering what the impediment is in the game stopping you from roaming together, other than personal schedules of course.
Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Vander » Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:18 pm

SYN_Bandy wrote:
SYN_Blackrat wrote:...Still trying to shake off a bout of flu/cold since Before the New year so have been vegetating a lot in front of the computer.

Let me ask, do you feel better when you are in front of the computer though? I think I know the answer... :grin:
Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy, you've earned it Blackie!

So, has most of this advancement been while all of you have been playing solo in a MP universe? Vander mentioning working his son up is the first reference to team effort. Just wondering what the impediment is in the game stopping you from roaming together, other than personal schedules of course.

Bandy, You can already find each other and fly together in MP, which is good fun. I think the main reason we don't YET fly together much is:

-Distances. It can take quite a while before you are actually in the same location because of the huge galaxy in ED. If I am on one side of the universe, maybe working on a mission or I want to progress in Naval career for let's say the Federation, and the other player is on the other side we have to agree to meet somewhere and then fly together. This requires a bit of planning and time.
-No shared rewards. You can do bounty hunting together, but only one of you will get all of the reward. Now this isn't very different from Rise of Flight, but in ED getting a kill means getting money! So you have to work out who gets to deliver the final blow I guess, which isn't easy if there are a number of AI also attacking the enemy ship
-Difficulty to fly together in "supercruise" and reach the same location when jumping out to normal speeds. This is due to some game mechanics (mass lock etc.) that is a bit hard to explain unless you know ED.

Now in the update after the upcoming one we'll get the "wings" functionality, so hopefully this will improve. Then, we can start to think of fun stuff to do together, like going to a border system and actively engage in a war. Or take out a very dangerous criminal with high bounty, or try to hunt "real (player)" pirates in a particular system in the open group.

Note to others: I try to stay "friends" with all the factions currently. If you alienate certain factions then I guess it will be very hard to team up!
SYN_Vander
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Vander » Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:29 pm

SYN_Cygann wrote:I've had fully upgraded Cobra, but swapped for a Viper. Cobra seems slightly better but Viper makes me feel like I am in a fighter ship, and for me, that count more then slight difference that gives Cobra little upper hand.

Used same weapons as Blackrat but got bored by them, now I changed beam lasers down to C1's just to take out any shields, and use good old fashioned cannon's on C2, they do massive damage provided you know how to aim (there is gimbals version that works as good, but is less fun to use, and fun factor is most important to me in this game, much more so then power). Think I'll upgrade some sidewinder as well, if for nothing else, then for having that dancing figure in the cockpit, I miss that from beta days :).

Not interested in big ships for now, not sure if I ever will be (goes for all flight sims, I like small fighters that are agile), making me on the point where credits don't matter to me any longer apart for ammunition. I really hope they make more ships comparable to Cobra and Viper, each with different strengths and weaknesses as I really hate where there is best one and everyone and their pets use them.

I feel the same. Not sure if I want anything bigger than a Cobra, not for now at least. I'll probably get a Viper first. I always like to be able to get out in a hurry if things don't go my way... :)
SYN_Vander
Syndicate Exec

Next

Return to Elite: Dangerous