Your ships and outfit

A place to discuss Elite Dangerous

Moderator: SYN Exec

Re: Your ships and outfit

Postby SYN_Blackrat » Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:15 pm

I have three ships still, you lose 10% on sale of ships I think, but nothing on the gear, so sell the gear first then the ship. If I move I will do that too, or if it is not far may even just hop in a sidey with uprated FSD and move them.
"They say that just before you die, your whole life flashes in front of you. Make sure it is worth watching."
SYN_Blackrat
Site Admin

Postby SYN_Per » Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:54 pm

Nah, I sold off my cobra and type 6 for the asp and upgrades and to have some cash at hand :cool:
SYN_Per
Syndicate Exec

Location: Sweden, Stockholm but preferably at the cottage. In the pavillion...

Postby SYN_DerHesse70 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:42 pm

SYN_Vander wrote:Do you guys store ships?
I now have a Cobra with some good gear and weapons (not the ones that cost 500,000 though :) ), a Viper and a Type 6. The latter I bought solely to make good use of a "Luxeries sought" location very close to a space station that sold performance enhancer so I could maximize profit. But I think once I'm done here I'll just sell the Viper and Type 6 and move on. It's far too much trouble to travel all the way to a home system? Why bother if I can buy those ships almost anywhere?

Checked out a conflict zone yesterday. It is good fun, but a lousy way to make money! Only 3000 cr for a destroyed ship, even if it's a Python or Federal dropship??

But still enjoying it, looking forward to squad based action!

Vander if you want to make big money with bounty hunting then search for the navigation signals at the stars. These are at every sun (star) where you jump in for the system. Then hang around there and wait for wanted ships. There are a lot of ships with 30k to 100k bounty at this points. So you can make much money there in short time (if you stay alive :wink: ).
"Es ist noch kein Meister vom Himmel gefallen!"
SYN_DerHesse70
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_Blackrat » Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:38 pm

Just bought a clipper :grin: just got that, basic viper and the Cobra now, sold a type 7 and the a fitting off the Viper, with a 240 cargo cap on the Clipper soon grab that cash back :smile:
"They say that just before you die, your whole life flashes in front of you. Make sure it is worth watching."
SYN_Blackrat
Site Admin

Postby SYN_Per » Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:56 pm

Congrats mate! I´m slowly getting there... Real slow... :lol:
SYN_Per
Syndicate Exec

Location: Sweden, Stockholm but preferably at the cottage. In the pavillion...

Postby SYN_DerHesse70 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:07 am

Nice Blackrat.

Still working for my Python.
SYN_DerHesse70
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_Vander » Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:49 am

SYN_Blackrat wrote:Just bought a clipper :grin: just got that, basic viper and the Cobra now, sold a type 7 and the a fitting off the Viper, with a 240 cargo cap on the Clipper soon grab that cash back :smile:

Nice one Blackie! Just don't damage that ship. I hear repair- and fuel costs are quite high for these big ships?

I'm still trying to get best weapons for my Cobra which is a struggle. It seems more expensive weapons (~500,000 cr a piece!) are not always better. I tried the plasma cannons, but they are so slow and inaccurate that they are useless in a dogfight. I want my Cobra to be deadly when we can fight some battles as a squad. Eventually I hope to save enough money for an Asp and do a bit of exploring.
SYN_Vander
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_DerHesse70 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:59 am

Vander go for dumb fire missiles in class b2. Best bang for the buck. And for bringing the shields down use beam lasers. :wink:

With this missiles a killed an anaconda in 2 minutes!!
SYN_DerHesse70
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_Blackrat » Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:12 am

Dumb fire have been nerfed yesterday, not sure how, but they are not as effective as they were, will be waiting today for a hotfix on the bug 1.1 introduced, scraping your ship causes too much damage.
SYN_Blackrat
Site Admin

Postby SYN_Vander » Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:12 am

SYN_Blackrat wrote:Dumb fire have been nerfed yesterday, not sure how, but they are not as effective as they were, will be waiting today for a hotfix on the bug 1.1 introduced, scraping your ship causes too much damage.

"Scraping your ship"...so this is maybe why my Cobra blew up while an Adder tried to (very slowly!) bump past me when leaving the starport? :mad:

@ DerHesse: This was the setup I was using (although maybe not B class missiles) but I was hoping to do better than that!
SYN_Vander
Syndicate Exec

PreviousNext

Return to Elite: Dangerous