Your ships and outfit

A place to discuss Elite Dangerous

Moderator: SYN Exec

Re: Your ships and outfit

Postby SYN_Blackrat » Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:13 pm

SYN_Vander wrote:
SYN_Blackrat wrote:High population High tech systems Vander is where you find the good stuff, all my needs have been met at Can Qing so far, as to avoiding Dumbfires, good luck with that as I like to get in close in a knife fight :wink:

So I have visited Can Qing, but didn't see any more A class weapons than in another system I was previously. Do you think the weapons offered might depend on the reputation/rank? Anyway, I probably haven't enough credits to buy them anyway.

In the mean time I travelled across the galaxy to my son's starting location to help him out a bit by earning money bounty hunting. Trading with a 4-cargo rack in a Sidewinder takes forever to get some cash!

Whoops I didn't see the weapons bit, I don't think there is anything better than a C ATM.
"They say that just before you die, your whole life flashes in front of you. Make sure it is worth watching."
SYN_Blackrat
Site Admin

Postby SYN_Cygann » Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:35 pm

SYN_Vander wrote:
I feel the same. Not sure if I want anything bigger than a Cobra, not for now at least. I'll probably get a Viper first. I always like to be able to get out in a hurry if things don't go my way... :)

Well stick with cobra then, mine goes 437ish on boost, Viper sits at about 400ish. Viper is only faster without boost, but when bugging out, you'll be boosting constantly or almost constantly given you fully upgraded.
SYN_Cygann
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_Cygann » Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:37 pm

SYN_Blackrat wrote:
Whoops I didn't see the weapons bit, I don't think there is anything better than a C ATM.

Do you know maybe where to get C class weps? Mine are D & E currently. Is it random or there are stations known to sell overcharged and alike?
SYN_Cygann
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_Blackrat » Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:59 pm

http://www.edshipyard.com/#/L=201,5QG5QG,2-3w3w3w2M2M2M22,7Og03w2Uc

Is pretty handy for looking at what known weapons fit, I did see some plasm accelerators for my Cobra the other day I think they were C, I think high pop high tech systems will be your best bet.

AFAIK what is sold at a station is always sold, it doesn't change, it may run out of stock I think.
"They say that just before you die, your whole life flashes in front of you. Make sure it is worth watching."
SYN_Blackrat
Site Admin

Postby SYN_Per » Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:44 pm

Well, I made Baron of the Empire so far and got my ASP yesterday. It's one expensive mf insurance wise, but I enjoy the whole experience immensly!
SYN_Per
Syndicate Exec

Location: Sweden, Stockholm but preferably at the cottage. In the pavillion...

Postby SYN_Blackrat » Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:38 pm

Well done Per, I am stuck at Lord, the only missions I get now are to get the permits which I already have so cannot advance further.
SYN_Blackrat
Site Admin

Postby SYN_Per » Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:40 pm

Thx mate!
Sometimes you find the mission for advancement at outposts too, but I guess you looked there too. :smile:
Still found hostile by the damn feds. It's a pain in the neck.
SYN_Per
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Blackrat » Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:59 pm

SYN_Per wrote:Thx mate!
Sometimes you find the mission for advancement at outposts too, but I guess you looked there too. :smile:
Still found hostile by the damn feds. It's a pain in the neck.

Yep, I think it may be a bug TBH after the last update as I never got the permit missions so never did them, last update gave you the permits if you had the rank, now all I get is the permit missions, want a clipper and have 18mill burning a hole in my pocket so far.
SYN_Blackrat
Site Admin

Postby SYN_Per » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:04 pm

Mama, mucho dinaros! Really hope you get your hands on the clipper. It's a fine looking ship!
I'm residing in Ayethi system.
SYN_Per
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Vander » Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:09 pm

Do you guys store ships?
I now have a Cobra with some good gear and weapons (not the ones that cost 500,000 though :) ), a Viper and a Type 6. The latter I bought solely to make good use of a "Luxeries sought" location very close to a space station that sold performance enhancer so I could maximize profit. But I think once I'm done here I'll just sell the Viper and Type 6 and move on. It's far too much trouble to travel all the way to a home system? Why bother if I can buy those ships almost anywhere?

Checked out a conflict zone yesterday. It is good fun, but a lousy way to make money! Only 3000 cr for a destroyed ship, even if it's a Python or Federal dropship??

But still enjoying it, looking forward to squad based action!
SYN_Vander
Syndicate Exec

PreviousNext

Return to Elite: Dangerous