Mining....how to?

A place to discuss Elite Dangerous

Moderator: SYN Exec

Mining....how to?

Postby SYN_Vander » Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:49 pm

Since I have the Vulture now with some serious upgrades it is my primary choice for bounty hunting. I have a T6 for some trading if I need to make some money (basically as a backup option in case I'll loose a ship or I do something stupid :) ). My beloved Cobra is now collecting dust in the hanger. If ED would allow me to have two player characters I would go out exploring, but once you are 2000LY away from civilization there aren't many options gameplay wise!
So I thought I try mining just for fun (not for profit) and see how it all works in my Cobra. What do I need and where can I find good ore? Should I keep a defensive weapon or rely on my speed? Can I take down a shield with mining lasers? Questions, questions... :grin:
SYN_Vander
Syndicate Exec

Re: Mining....how to?

Postby SYN_MrWolf » Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:08 pm

You can find some nice tutorials on youtube about mining.

For example.. you have to find the pivoting point of the astroid. If you find that axis and you focus your laser on that point..all the ore won't scatter in every direction. If you get the hang of it..a nice stream of expensive ore floats in a organized line so you can scoop it up pretty easy.
ALWAYS BE YOURSELF! UNLESS YOU CAN BE BATMAN. THEN ALWAYS BE BATMAN.
SYN_MrWolf
Syndicate Exec

Re: Mining....how to?

Postby SYN_Blackrat » Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:40 pm

Never tried, looked too tedious to me.
"They say that just before you die, your whole life flashes in front of you. Make sure it is worth watching."
SYN_Blackrat
Site Admin

Return to Elite: Dangerous