So..anyone pledged allegiance yet?

A place to discuss Elite Dangerous

Moderator: SYN Exec

Re: So..anyone pledged allegiance yet?

Postby SYN_Vander » Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:38 pm

I also have the Diamondback Explorer now. The 20% discount was well worth the detour since I'm not that rich.
I put in some upgrades, but don't have the money to get all the A grade stuff. I have two medium beam lasers that I also use on my Vulture and I know they can do a lot of damage. Once I have earned some more money I'll try to use that Large weapon mount!

So, any nice spots I should visit now that I am a space tourist? :lol:
SYN_Vander
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Per » Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:56 pm

Hehe, that depends, but I found sector Blaea Thua to contain many interesting systems previously undiscovered.
Just got back from a week long stint and made around 12MCr and got my tag out there! :grin:
Hopefully I can get in among the top 40% in the CG. Remains to be seen.
Nebulas are always beautiful Vander. Pick anyone and just go!
GL!
SYN_Per
Syndicate Exec

Location: Sweden, Stockholm but preferably at the cottage. In the pavillion...

Postby SYN_Bandy » Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:44 am

Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Cygann » Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:23 pm

I have pledged to Zachary Hudson and played some good PVP in open play.

Hope some more SYN are interested to form decent 4 man wing and we can go fight it out.
SYN_Cygann
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_Per » Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:29 pm

I would rather rot in hell than join the Feds! :grin:
Besides I find the netcode for elite PvP to be a bit dodgy. I prefer to hang in Mobius. Good luck though!
SYN_Per
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_DerHesse70 » Sat Jun 13, 2015 3:28 pm

I'm with Mahon! :mrgreen:
"Es ist noch kein Meister vom Himmel gefallen!"
SYN_DerHesse70
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_Cygann » Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:55 pm

Not sure what exactly is dodgy in net code? Never lagged to me yet, but even if it did, with all the gimbals and turrets in game, who would have ever noticed if enemy twitched once in the evening?

And sorry but I don't see a point to a mostly MP combat missions if we're to play in a group where people are holding hands. Can't heat things up without proper human enemy, so power play just makes no sense in solo or private PVE groups.

I don't want to tell anyone how game should be played, but PP is painfully obvious in attempt to direct players into certain zones where they will meet and try to prevent or help each other depending of the power they support. I'd never even consider it over any other E:D content without human ingredient in the mix. For me it kind of brings E:D multiplayer from ashes even tho it's is still work in progress and require more polishing.
SYN_Cygann
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_Per » Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:37 pm

Each to his own mate
SYN_Per
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Cygann » Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:34 pm

Like I said mate, did not want to say how you should play your game, just saying power play content for me makes sense only if there are players trying to stop me from doing it. Doing it solo would be just another repetitive grind task, and I had enough of that in this game.
SYN_Cygann
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_Bandy » Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:09 pm

I used to play RoF in Pat Wilson's campaign generator and had quite a bit of fun. As reported on the forums by many, MP was full of asshats, and still is to some degree. I really didn't feel like getting humiliated on a regular basis -- as a federal employee I got enough of that at work...

Anyways, the predictability of the RoF AI made me try PvP, and I made small steps in that direction, culminating in my asking to join Syndicate years ago now.

At first it was difficult putting all my solo 'habits' aside and learning to play as an integral part of a team, where you count on others to do what they are supposed to do, not act out on their own desires heading off for the closest fight. MP teamwork only succeeds when the parts act together, everyone relies on everyone else to do the job, and when it happens --success! And it is an absolute rush! But that is a potentially big time/coordination investment, something I would not want to do with just anyone. I want to do it with friends I can count on.

What am I trying to say? Is it relevant to the discussion on hand? It's just part of that well-worn argument of SP vs. MP, and you can't tell somebody how to have fun especially if their real-life time constraints are different than yours.
Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

PreviousNext

Return to Elite: Dangerous