Assasination missions

A place to discuss Elite Dangerous

Moderator: SYN Exec

Assasination missions

Postby SYN_Vander » Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:46 am

They are normally quite lucrative (> 100.000,- credits), but I always face some elite Anaconda with gazillion heavy lasers. With my Vulture I can get his shields down and get maybe 50% damage, but by that time he is doing more damage to me than I am to him. What am I doing wrong? Should I maneuver more? (Somehow I can never stay behind another ship, even one as big as an anaconda) Should I target a specific module?

I think balance reward vs risk is off for these missions. I can make the same/more money in a smuggling mission and then I don't have to waste my time finding the target first.
SYN_Vander
Syndicate Exec

Re: Assasination missions

Postby SYN_DerHesse70 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:55 am

Vander always use FA off in such fights. With FA on they will always outturn you. It makes you more maneuverable. Try hit and run. If he brings you shields down seperate and put all the energy to your system to regenerate your shield. Then shift maximum energy on your weapons and attack again. You need big lasers to bring the shields down (maximum beam laser) and a big gun for maximum damage to the hull. I use unguided rockets for this. :wink:
"Es ist noch kein Meister vom Himmel gefallen!"
SYN_DerHesse70
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_Per » Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:57 am

and aim for the powerplant!
Use chaff , because Condas usually pack turrets and do try to fit in some SCB:s.
Or wing up with me :grin:
SYN_Per
Syndicate Exec

Location: Sweden, Stockholm but preferably at the cottage. In the pavillion...

Postby SYN_Vander » Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:06 am

Thanks for the tips. I'll practice FA off flying, not sure how to make that work, but I'll check out some videos. Will also target powerplant (is there a shortcut for that?) first.
If I see you online Per, we'll find us a nice mission!
SYN_Vander
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Per » Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:51 am

Rgr that. Oh and the powerplant shows up in the subtarget list on your left console.
SYN_Per
Syndicate Exec

Location: Sweden, Stockholm but preferably at the cottage. In the pavillion...

Postby SYN_DerHesse70 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:25 am

There is a key to select the subtarget, use it to go for the power plant. I bind this key on my stick to use it quicker.

In "FA of" you have no automatic counter thrust by the computer. You have to do this by your own. So if you pitch up you have to give a little bit down thrust (stick forward) at the end of the move otherwise you will permanently fly in that direction. But you can turn much faster without FA because there is no counter thrust that slows you down. You can also additionally use lateral thrusters in all modes to turn quicker. I bind them on the coolie hat of my stick. So you can for example pitch up and additional use the up thruster to turn tighter. Or you can strafe sideways to avoid shots. :wink:
"Es ist noch kein Meister vom Himmel gefallen!"
SYN_DerHesse70
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Return to Elite: Dangerous