Python!!!

A place to discuss Elite Dangerous

Moderator: SYN Exec

Python!!!

Postby SYN_Vander » Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:34 pm

I have been making good use of my Clipper in a couple of Community Goals (building that space station in the Nebula) and raked in a pile of cash. I sold all my ships except the Asp and bought the Python after trying it out in the beta. Great ship with a lot of power. Still working on the best weapons set-up though!

Python.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SYN_Vander
Syndicate Exec

Re: Python!!!

Postby SYN_Per » Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:41 pm

I loved my Python. U will too mate. It´s a powerhouse.
SYN_Per
Syndicate Exec

Location: Sweden, Stockholm but preferably at the cottage. In the pavillion...

Postby SYN_Ricky » Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:33 am

Nice ship! Python is the one I'm aiming for, still a long long way to go, I just mostly A-rated my Cobra Mk.III with money gathered in a CG Conflict Zone, now I'm nearly broke again! :mrgreen:
Last edited by SYN_Ricky on Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
SYN_Ricky
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_Vander » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:19 am

The python is great! Lots of power, even if I don't have the highest class power plant. I'm still saving money for the best Shield generator. Not sure what else I will upgrade (if possible), because I would like to keep a minimum 20LY range. The only downside: Don't accidentally hit a security ship with a Conda nearby, because you are very slow. There is no way to escape if you are mass-locked! Perhaps lock on to a nearby system to be able to Hyperjump out....
SYN_Vander
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_DerHesse70 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:05 pm

SYN_Ricky wrote:Nice ship! Python is the one I'm aiming for

dito!
"Es ist noch kein Meister vom Himmel gefallen!"
SYN_DerHesse70
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_Vander » Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:00 pm

After v1.5 (which should be out pretty soon) the Fer-de-Lance will be the better fighter, but will not have the multi-purpose capabilities the Python has (range, cargo space..)
SYN_Vander
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Ricky » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:26 am

SYN_Vander wrote:After v1.5 (which should be out pretty soon) the Fer-de-Lance will be the better fighter, but will not have the multi-purpose capabilities the Python has (range, cargo space..)

Good to know, Fer-de-Lance is a very nice looking ship, but apparently was a bit limited before. Still I think I really prefer multi-role ships than pure fighter ones. Of course the best would be to have one of each.
SYN_Ricky
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_DerHesse70 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:38 am

I'm now in a completely A-rated Fer-de-Lance with 4x multi cannons and 1x class 3 beam. Very good ship. I can kill three AI dangerous-Anacondas in a row without problems. Next step is the class 4 plasma if i got the money (13 million credits). :mrgreen:
SYN_DerHesse70
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_Vander » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:27 pm

SYN_DerHesse70 wrote:I'm now in a completely A-rated Fer-de-Lance with 4x multi cannons and 1x class 3 beam. Very good ship. I can kill three AI dangerous-Anacondas in a row without problems. Next step is the class 4 plasma if i got the money (13 million credits). :mrgreen:

Nice ship indeed. I also bought the FDL and carry 4xPulse lasers and one class 3 plasma gun. Is the class 3 beam enough to get through the shields quickly? I'm also thinking about the class 4 plasma (I could try; I have the money) but it generates so much heat I wonder if it is useful?
SYN_Vander
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_DerHesse70 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:51 pm

Vander today i got my plasma A4 gun. I really don't like it. Difficult to shoot and aim. Less shield damage than my class 3 beam laser before. But hull damage is much higher. I killed a federal gunship with three shots (100% shields and hull).

Another time i hit a ASP with one shot and the hull went to 8% with the shield still up! :shock: Or i need 6 shots to bring the shield of an Anaconda down. That's not satisfying. Heat is absolutely no problem with that gun on the FDL.

I think i turn back to my old loadout and wait for the next patch that brings the big and huge multicannons and huge beam laser. I would like to run 4x class 2 multicannons and 1x class 4 beam laser or 1x class 4 multicannon and 2x class 2 multicannons and 2x class 2 beam lasers.

The class 3 beam laser in the huge hardpoint is enough to bring every shield down very quickly!! With everything A-rated i can shoot that beam all day long without running out of pips. And the multicannons need no energy. Also you can kill everything up to an Viper with the beam laser only very fast.

I recommend you to try my old loadout and spare the money for the class 4 plasma. Wait for the class 4 beam (eye of sauron :mrgreen: ).

Maybe i will try to run 4x class 2 railguns and 1x class 3 beam laser. That's a murder setup for killing everything but with less ammunition.
SYN_DerHesse70
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Next

Return to Elite: Dangerous