15 year anniversary!

A place to discuss the DCG Campaigns currently undertaken.

Moderator: SYN Exec

15 year anniversary!

Postby SYN_Jedders » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:55 pm

Today marks the 15th year of this merry band of online friends. 15 years ago, to the very day, (Paddy)clan was conceived between myself and CelticTiger. Being Irish (sort of) we decided to go with the 'Paddy' theme. No sooner had we decided on that than we recruited a Belgian fella called Karma-Slave. karma is still a big part of the group and has given many years of great service and friendship to us all!.

The game of choice was of course Star Trek Voyager: Elite force. A nice little FPS that required some serious teamwork along with a great deal of skill. It's a testament to the guys who played it that were able to compete with some of the best clans in Europe online.

With the transfer to Call of Duty came a new bunch of fellas. It was a truly European feel during these years. We competed at quite a high level and I remember us topping our league in one season. A real achievement given the level of opposition. After a few sequels tho it was time for a change of pace.

IL2:1946 was suggested by karma and it soon led us to forming the SYNDICATE. Originally a kind of 'catch all' of Sqns it soon became the home for all of us. We have had some fantastic times with IL2 over the years. Not so much with its cliffs of dogshit (thanks Flashy) but certainly it's current BoS build looking good for the future.

In flight sim terms tho we really felt at home the most with rise of flight. It has taught us a lot about that most amazing era and the sacrifices made by so many young men in that horrendous conflict. We will always have a place in our hearts for this wonderful piece of software.

This Squadron/clan has enabled me to meet some indredible people over the years. I have cried with laughter on many nights and screamed in anger on many another. I have had the pleasure and honour of meeting some of you in person at some fantastic events and I would encourage you to try and do the same in the future. These guys are top notch folks!

Finally I will just say how great it has been to be part of this group over the last 15 years. Much has changed, people have moved on but the friendly atmosphere that greets new members and guests on their arrival is a matter of huge pride to me. Not many groups last this long. Bring on the next 15 years!...

S! To you all, I wear my tag with pride!

SYN_Jedders.
SYN_Jedders
Site Admin

Re: 15 year anniversary!

Postby SYN_MrWolf » Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:09 am

Hear hear! Well spoken Jed! I feel the same.
ALWAYS BE YOURSELF! UNLESS YOU CAN BE BATMAN. THEN ALWAYS BE BATMAN.
SYN_MrWolf
Syndicate Exec

Re: 15 year anniversary!

Postby SYN_Kollwitz » Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:42 am

well done!

Thx all for the very friendly home on the interwebs!
SYN_Kollwitz
Syndicate Exec

Return to IL2 Sturmovik DCG Campaigns