1st sinking...

A place to discuss fishy based antics.

Moderator: SYN Exec

Re: 1st sinking...

Postby SYN_Vander » Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:30 pm

Yup, I'm afraid so Wolfie! ;)

Will also join tonight. Either that or I'm watching Master and Commander: Far Side of the World! :)
SYN_Vander
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_MrWolf » Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:15 pm

ha ha...good. Some free time is coming up i think...I'll buy this prob monday.
ALWAYS BE YOURSELF! UNLESS YOU CAN BE BATMAN. THEN ALWAYS BE BATMAN.
SYN_MrWolf
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Vander » Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:15 pm

Oh , and everyone vote for the "Amsterdam" in this poll of course!!! :cool:

http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/t ... inal-poll/
SYN_Vander
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Vander » Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:37 pm

Btw, had a collision with an enemy ship and I didn't sink. The enemy ship pushed his nose in my side and eventually we were dead in the water. Lost my jibs, but he lost his foremast!

Also, when I was sailing alongside, very close, there was an option "G" to board. I pressed it, the ships were drawn closer but eventually nothing happened. Anyone know if this works already??

2015-01-31_00003.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SYN_Vander
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Haashashin » Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:51 pm

My paypal is down, due to the move, but I will exchange a BoS key (Steam one) for a key for this..if Im not lucky will wait to be in Germany to get it :lol: :lol:
SYN_Haashashin
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Blackrat » Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:01 pm

SYN_Vander wrote:Btw, had a collision with an enemy ship and I didn't sink. The enemy ship pushed his nose in my side and eventually we were dead in the water. Lost my jibs, but he lost his foremast!

Also, when I was sailing alongside, very close, there was an option "G" to board. I pressed it, the ships were drawn closer but eventually nothing happened. Anyone know if this works already??

Yep, I had the same, I hit G, apparently my 40 crew are no match for the 110 on the enemy ship :lol:
"They say that just before you die, your whole life flashes in front of you. Make sure it is worth watching."
SYN_Blackrat
Site Admin

Postby SYN_Skydance » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:35 pm

Apparently when you hit "G" to board a ship it then becomes a rock/paper/scissors chance to decide the outcome.
So, the odds aren't in your favour when you try to board a bigger ship.
i7 7700k @4.2Ghz, GTX 1080Ti,16G RAM, TrackIR, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS joystick, MFG Crosswind rudder pedals, Saitec throttle quadrants/trim wheel, a custom panel, HTC Vive and an Oculus Rift.
SYN_Skydance
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_Bandy » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:44 pm

SYN_Vander wrote:Also, when I was sailing alongside, very close, there was an option "G" to board. I pressed it, the ships were drawn closer but eventually nothing happened. Anyone know if this works already??

If you see the 'G' and know you've got more crew go for it, press G for Grapple I suppose. You may have to press G a few times to pull the ships together, read the messages! Then once time for boarding has come you'll see a window with choices between Attack, Defend, or Fire. Choose one of these every 7 seconds, I think, you'll see the timer count down and crew numbers going down. If you win, you have the choice of taking command of the NME ship by pressing X. Only do so if it has better hull or sail points left, or is simply a bigger ship with more guns...

As mentioned, the boarding is currently a stand-in mechanic, though they have no idea how it's going to eventually work. Hopefully something a little more, shall we say, 'engaging'...

For me, Brig was the hardest ship to get through. But, it is a forerunner to how the bigger ships handle so get used to it. The Cutter is somewhat unique in its ability to turn on a dime and into and around the wind easily.
Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Bandy » Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:07 am

First 25 vs. 25 player battle

Apparently history wasn't made, 50 players at once has happened before, but it is rare. Thursday night as well. Server was a little shakey at first, but smoothed out after about 5 min. Looked a lot like this...

I died about mid way through the battle fighting a rear-guard action in my Surprise (6th rate) vs. the enemy Santissima (1st rate, like 120 guns or something...), but he went down before I did (and got more damage than him as well...). A few others helped of course, but they went down before I did too... :grin: I'm 7 up from the bottom in the left column.

About average for my Surprise, but had a great battle last night with over 9000 damage, which helped secure the next ship up for me, the HMS Trincomalee, see bottom. I have Friday off, so if anyone wants to get wet... :cool:

Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Flashman » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:17 am

Avast ye salty Sea Dogs.

Whats all this now? I fancy myself as a minor Nelson or Lord Cochrane....
SYN_Flashman
Syndicate Squadron pilot

PreviousNext

Return to Naval Action