Knights of the Sea!

A place to talk about anything to do with Rise of Flight

Moderator: SYN Exec

Knights of the Sea!

Postby cubancoverunner » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:18 am

Salute gents! I'm really interested in getting another Knights of the Sea event going on the new Cuban Syndicate Connection server where I run the vintage mission sundays, however I'm in need of a little help in so far as which version of the mission would be most stable and how I'd go about obtaining those mission files. There is one in the VM files dump but it doesn't seem to be the whole thing. I understand Waxworks was the main force behind this campaign but he seems to be MIA. Does anyone have any info on this? Or, perhaps have the old mission files in their multiplayer/dogfight cache? Any help would be most appreciated!
cubancoverunner

Re: Knights of the Sea!

Postby SYN_Blackrat » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:27 am

You might try SYN_Vander or SYN_Bandy, I think they were involved with that one, I have no idea i am afraid.

I have a horrible feeling a cleaned the many versions of the mission we had off the forums as we were running out of space.
"They say that just before you die, your whole life flashes in front of you. Make sure it is worth watching."
SYN_Blackrat
Site Admin

Postby SYN_Bandy » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:10 pm

I have no copies of the mission.

Yes, there were many iterations of KotS posted/attached to the thread here at one time. Blackie, did you empty the trash can? :smile:
Hopefully there is still one viable version left, but it likely only exists on a backup of the old subscription-server. I think Vander did mention copying over all the old mission files before we stopped that server.

I believe WaxWorks also went by the handle Jack Ferrell (or similar) so you might want to see if an account exists under that name over at RoF forum and elsewhere. I think he also was flying IL2 BoS at least in the beginning, so try there as well.

As mentioned to you in PM, it is his intellectual property. If you've made the effort to track him down and he is not around anymore, I think you would be fine running the mission as long as you completely acknowledge his authorship.

S!
Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

Postby cubancoverunner » Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:19 am

Thanks for looking into it gents! I think it would be a lot of fun if we could get a little crowd. Absolutely all intellectual credit would have to go to Wax and your squadron, as with the Vintage Missions :)
cubancoverunner

Postby SYN_Blackrat » Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:03 pm

Unfortunately I can find no mission files, I had a clear out a while back and anything large over a couple of years old got deleted :oops: now I cannot find my back up of the forum as I am sure it would be in there, hopefully Vander took a copy of the backup when we shut the server down or has the files on his server somewhere.
"They say that just before you die, your whole life flashes in front of you. Make sure it is worth watching."
SYN_Blackrat
Site Admin

Postby SYN_Bandy » Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:15 pm

I don't know, that Vander guy is pretty unreliable...
Lest we forget...
SYN_Bandy
Syndicate Exec

Postby Waxworks » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:31 am

Matthias sent me a PM after the last Bloody April to say that J5 might stage an event using the Knights missions, however I didn't read it until some time later.

I still have copies of the original Knights mission and a 1918 version, however they might use another look, the 1918 versionin particular was never tested much. I had put a few soldiers in and altered Zeebrugge. I don't suppose we'll ever see the fantastic torpedo boat Bandy made for them? Could one of the other modders rescue it, it was a fine ship?

So my Cambrai missions are gone as well? I also made a couple of much smaller missions with AI planes, they might be more suitable if you have a limited server.
Waxworks

Postby SYN_Mugue » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:19 pm

All hope is not lost. Vander will show up at some point...(I know his RL was very busy this week, which is likely why he hasn't chimed in.) Don't panic...yet. :wink:
"Billy Pilgrim has come unstuck in time."
SYN_Mugue
Syndicate Exec

Postby SYN_Mike77 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:07 am

It wasn't KoS but got in a couple of sorties with a few of the guys today and I have to say, the old girl looked good! Second sortie was real fun!
SYN_Mike77
Syndicate Squadron pilot

Postby SYN_Vander » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:44 pm

See attachment. This includes the mission files and all related objects (clouds etc) and also the Tirpitz guns.
You can use the jsgme installer to install them.

KOTS and mods.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SYN_Vander
Syndicate Exec

Next

Return to Lobby